We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas Dining

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
324 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas Dining

We will be in Chicago and I love Tapas. Any great suggestions????

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,557 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas Dining

http://www.emiliostapas.com/

http://www.cafeiberico.com/

Bon Apetit!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas Dining

In my opinion the three most popular tapas restaurants in Chicago are Cafe Iberico, Emilio's and Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba (2024 N. Halsted St. 773-935-5000). For the most part, all three are pretty equal. Emilio's is the quitest and most romantic, but it's still a bustling place. Having been to all three of these places MANY times my favorite is Arco de Cuchilleros ,3445 N. Halsted St.,

773-296-6046. It's much smaller than the others I mentioned and the food is great. For more info check www.chicagoreader.com or www.metromix.com.

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas Dining

Cafe Babariba is great. It's in Lincoln Park, which is also a great neighborhood. If you're looking for Chicago restaurant information I recommend http://www.wikichicago.com

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas Dining

Chicago has lots of tapas.

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!

2024 N. Halsted St.

Is great! But very very crowded. And you will have to wait.

I don’t remember if they take reservations. Call and see.

There are 2 Emilio's Tapas

444 W. Fullerton Pkwy.

And

215 E. Ohio St.

The Ohio one is in the tourist area. And a little more casual.

The Fullerton is a little more up scale.

Both great places.

I am personally not a fan of

Cafe Iberico

739 N. LaSalle St.

But others like it. So go ahead and try. If you wish.

That is why there is chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Choices. Right!

I would say avoid:

1492 Tapas Bar

42 E. Superior St.

I did not like it.

Bravo Tapas and Lounge

2047 W. Division St.

Has a great space. But the food was awful. Avoid!!!!

Twist a Tapas Cafe

3412 N Sheffield Ave

I have not been in years. But it was good then.

Small place. That did kind of strange tapas. Thus the name “Twist”

But if you’re looking to go to Wrigleyville you could stop by this place.

You can look all of these places up on metromix.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas Dining

Though "tapas" is almost always mentioned in relation to Spanish restaurants, there's a new, and very nice, Mexican tapas restaurant on the north/northwest side of Chicago that I like:

Sol de Mexico

3018 N. Cicero Ave

Chicago, IL 60641

(773) 282-4119

This is an interesting concept for a Mexican restaurant, but it works well. There's tapas-like menu, in addition to a menu for larger, full dinners.

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
660 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tapas Dining

I like Cafe Iberico, so that would be my suggestion.

Another suggestion near O'Hare would be La Tasca in Park Ridge.

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tapas Dining

Nacional 27 (Nuevo Latino cuisine - a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant) has a $8.95 tapas tasting menu (4 tapas and 1 ceviche) between 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm and a Latin jazz trio between 6 pm and 8 pm.

I agree with the previous poster's suggestion for Arco de Cuchilleros. Not an inexpensive restaurant, though, if you are looking to budget on tapas. To get there: take the Red Line up to Addison (Addison is 3600 N. - Wrigley Field is just west of the station) - walk over to N. Halsted - go south - it's between Cornelia and Roscoe.

And if you wanted the feel of a small European cafe, then take that same Red Line up to the Sheridan stop and try Rick's Cafe (3915 N. Sheridan). They have Spanish tapas, French, Moroccan, etc. cuisine. This is a European-style of dining establishment (small kitchen, the chef does everything himself) so be prepared to spend some time there and savor the cuisine. BYOB - corkage fee.

Hope this information helps.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tapas Dining

Del Toro in Bucktown (1520 North Damen @ LeMoyne, near the Damen/North stop on the Blue Line el) is a good choice, too. www.citysearch.com is another fine restaurant resource.

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tapas Dining

Greekchick, I would like to mention that if you have any interest in any of these places, you should really check out the cost online first. Either by Metromix (and look at the reviews which mention price often) or by the website of the place itself.

Some of these places are rather moderately priced, but some will garner a pretty bill. ($40-50/pp in some cases.)

Just so you know what to be prepared for when you get there.

Toronto
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tapas Dining

You have to go to QUATRINO'S at 626 North State Street. 5 min walk from the mile... amazing Tapas... Short but incredible wine selection (try the Chianti)

There is no other choice... i sent my friend there who is a wine collector and has high standards for food... He and his wife went there 2 of their 3 days in Chicago for lunch... Not too expensive...