We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

Lexington
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

My parents and I will be in Chicago on Thanksgiving week (Monday, Nov. 20-Wednesday, Nov. 22) and are looking for a reasonably priced suite or condo in downtown Chicago. I would like to be fairly close to Harpo Studios. Does such a place exist?

We really need two separate rooms due to sleeping arrangements and a four month old that still wakes during the night :)

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

What would be your budget per room?

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

In terms of Harpo studios, it would be best to stay downtown and commute rather than stay in that area - there are very few hotels in that area, as is.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,779 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

Near Harpo is the Marriott Medical District:

marriott.com/property/propertypage/CHIDM

As DVD noted - from a tourist standpoint, you're better off staying downtown and commuting to Harpo.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/illinois#3122

Just another option I will toss into the discussion considering your situation. Would love to hear more feed back on the vrbo.com website from people that have used it.

Good luck.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

The suite hotels seem to be concentrated in the Michigan Avenue area, but it is a short ride to Harpo Studios.

www.hotrooms.com is showing the Embassy Suites for $119 and a suite at the Seneca for $139. It looks like good deals are in abundance that week, so you could also try Hilton Suites, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn and Suites, Radisson Hotel and Suites and the Wyndham, which has a few suites.

Expect to pay for parking anywhere in the downtown - $20-40 a day.

6. Re: Hotel or Condo Recommendation - For 3 adults+2 kids < 3 yrs.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 12:20