We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in Effingham

Which Effingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
lodging in Effingham

I am driving through from Phoenix to Indianapolis and thought I would spend the night in Terre Haute. But a post regarding vandalism in TH and a post suggesting the relaxed rural lifestyle of Effingham made me change my mind. So, what I really want to avoid is the "smash and grab" activity which occurs in some hotel parking lots. How does the Country Inn & Suites in Effingham sound? Is my truck likely to be in the parking lot in the a.m. with all windows still intact?

4 replies to this topic
Effingham, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in Effingham

Your vehicle will be very safe overnight.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in Effingham

We recently traveled from Minneapolis to Chattanooga. We stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn that was OUTSTANDING!! Pulled in and they had a few rooms left at a very reasonable rate. Such a nice experience.

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
98 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging in Effingham

Effingham has quite a few choices, varying from the motel, to hotel type. I think about all of the hotels and motels around the interstate are pretty good. My favorite is normally the Hampton Inn's, since I am a Hilton Honors member. But I have heard good things about the Hilton Garden Inn.

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging in Effingham

Effingham is a very nice community with quality hotels and restaurants. Country Inn & Suites is a very good choice. Also consider the new Hampton Inn & Suites, the regular Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, the new Fairfield Inn & Suites, or the former Hilton Garden Inn which is now the Thelma Keller Hotel & Convention Center (especially beautiful at Christmas). You'll enjoy your stay and your belongings will be safe and secure.

Reply to: lodging in Effingham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Effingham