We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

Which Galena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Far North Suburbs...
2 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

Husband and I want to go to Galena for our anniversary this July for a 3 night stay. Our schedule is flexible. We are willing to stay at either a hotel or B&B, and the main thing we want in our accommodations (besides being clean, of course) is a private, in-room hot tub/jacuzzi. I really don't want to spend more than $150 per night, but I will pay more if the price includes a package deal for some activities, such as golf and spa. We will have our car so it doesn't matter if we are right in town or not, but a pretty view would be nice but not necessary. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Galena, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

I think you're going to find that you will have to pay a little more than $150 per night for an in-room hot tub/jacuzzi accommodation.

There are a lot of places that have hot tubs in common areas and a lot of places that have two person whirlpool type tubs in the bathroom. But if I'm reading between the lines correctly you want some place like Riverboat Suites - google riverboat suites galena illinois to find thier site - which is right on Spring street. They have two rooms with huge hot tubs right in the rooms. You can see pictures on the web site. We stayed there a few times and I can tell you first hand it was VERY romantic. Both rooms are themed rooms that are just fantastic but you're going to pay $175 and $195.

A second option is the Galena Log Cabin Getaway which is 4 miles south of Galena off of Black Jack Road. There you will find your own private log cabin with a small jacuzzi style tub up on a loft overlooking the room. Google galenalogcabins to see their site. We have stayed there as well and found that to be a romatic setting too. We haven't stayed there in several years and since then they have added Alpaca's to the propery. If you like trails and seclusion then this is the place to go.

You can find many other romantic accomodations but most will not have in-room hot tubs. Check out Spring Street Guest House. It is owned by well known Galena artist Charles Fach. Much of the items in his two guest rooms are hand crafted. Even the tile around the fire place that has three dimensional dog heads was hand crafted by Mr. Fach. Ask for the Root Cellar room. While there is no hot tub there is a huge soaking tub and the largest shower you have ever seen.

Hope this helps and enjoy your romantic weekend.

Frank.

Far North Suburbs...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

Thank you for your informative reply! I have been researching places and hadn't run across the Riverboat Suites before. I'll definitely consider your suggestions. Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

I have the King Hot Tub Suite reserved later this year for the low, low price of....FREE! I booked the room way in advance and got it under the "Best Rate Or It's Free" promotion that Triprewards is running.

The room looks great and will be very nice for an anniversary trip later this year. Normally the room (including tax) is $276.

I've tried a few dates in July but haven't been successful in finding a lower rate to land you a freebie just yet. If I can find one, I'll email the particulars.

Illinois
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

I should have mentioned that the room I was discussing is at the Galena Ramada. Sorry.

naperville il
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

I'm not sure if you've considered it, but private home rentals in The Galena Territory can be quite reasonable at times .. offering 3 nites for 2 and discounts if midweek visits occur. Many many have hot tubs. You'll save on costs by renting from either the direct owner or an management co. other than Eagle Ridge Resort. The Convention and Visitor Bureau site has a list of those resources.

NW Suburbs of...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

Galena Log Cabin Getaway and Adventure Creek Alpaca Farm is one of the best kept secrets in the Midwest! Located in historic Galena, Illinois, this family friendly vacation center has all the charm of early America (the Abraham Lincoln era). But once inside, these surprisingly modern equipped cabins feature a "no maintenance" real fireplace, satellite TV and radio, whirlpool bath, microwave oven, refrigerator and skylight bathroom. Many of the cabins have an upstairs loft with a second bed, if the family is coming, although the cabins are well suited for a perfect romantic getaway. Outside is a live alpaca farm, cousins of the llama, that serves as a fun petting zoo, of sorts. Add to that the quaint little country gift store, where the owners are more than friendly, and this place is a year-round wonder. Traditional or continental breakfast is available on various days in the gift store, and the vast hiking area makes for a complete package. One of our absolute favorite places to visit!

Galena, IL.
Level Contributor
150 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

For a Romantic Get-a-way try some of the Bed and Breakfasts. There are several that will offer private bath, double whirlpool jacuzzi, full breakast and a wonderful experience for $150.00 or less.

8. Re: Recommendations for romantic weekend with hot tub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Galena
Recent Conversations