We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intimate Restaurant in Galena Sunday Night

Which Galena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
217 reviews
Save Topic
Intimate Restaurant in Galena Sunday Night

Myself and friend are in Galena for a weekend in December. We are eating at a place she knows in Dubuque on the Saturday, where is recommended for a Sunday? I would prefer a place where the tables are far enough away from the others so we can have our own conversation. Food type is not an issue as we are both Carnivores, and the staff are good but not over attentive. Don't ask for much really!

Many thanks in advance

Galena, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intimate Restaurant in Galena Sunday Night

No such place exists in Galena. Every restaurant in Galena utilizes every square inch of space out of neccesity. Every restaurant in Galena has tables that are right next to each other.

That being said, since you will be dining on a Sunday night you will find that most of the restaurants will not be very busy. The Log Cabin on Main Street has a dimly lit intimate atmosphere and Vinny Vinuchies, also on Main Street, also has an intimate atmosphere. The rest of the restaurants are all brightly lit and will not be conducent to an intimate conversation.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intimate Restaurant in Galena Sunday Night

I would recommend Perry Street Brasserie or Fritz and Frites, I believe both have web-sites.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intimate Restaurant in Galena Sunday Night

We were just recently in Galena (loved it) and ate at the Goldmoor Inn. (We also stayed there.) It is pricey, but talk about secluded and romantic! They have a 7 course meal that is to die for. The restaurant has only 3 booths and perhaps 5 tables, so you will definitely have privacy. The cost is $65 per person for 7 courses of exquisite tastes. Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but if it is, you won't regret it. It is 6 miles out of the downtown area, overlooking the Mississippi.

4. Re: Intimate Restaurant in Galena Sunday Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 19:20