We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galena ghost tours

Pell Lake, WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
galena ghost tours

Hi! I'm going to Galena Aug. 26th for a BFF getaway and thought we would try a ghost tour. There are two I found, "All About A Ghost Tour and Annie Wiggins Ghost Tour". Could anyone tell me which is the more interesting and authentic one? I appreciate any help. Thank you!

Galena, IL.
Level Contributor
150 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: galena ghost tours

They are both great tours. I have done the Annie Wiggins ghost tour and it was really a lot of fun. I have not done the other one, but have had good feedback on it.

Pell Lake, WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: galena ghost tours

Thank you for your reply, I guess I'll find out whats available.

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: galena ghost tours

Hi, i'm headed to galena next weekend with girlfriends. Did you take either of these tours? Any that you would recommend? thanks much!

Galena, IL.
Level Contributor
150 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: galena ghost tours

The ghost tours are both great, however, I think they are done for the season and will resume in the Spring. You may want to contact the visitor center at 815-776-9200 just to verify. There website is www.visitgalena.org

Hope you have fun in Galena next week.

Urbana, Illinois...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: galena ghost tours

Hi, I just did the one from the DeSota Hotel and it was terrible. It should have been called the "History Tour" instead. We stuck with it for an hour (thinking all along it will surely get better soon) and left thoroughly disgusted that we had each wasted $10. The tour guide stretched 1 minute stories into 6-7 minutes with lots of "who cares" additions. If only he had told some ghost stories I wouldn't be on here complaining now. Save your money. There are much better ones out there. I'm just thankful this was not my first experience with a ghost tour.

6. Re: galena ghost tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:16