We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other Irish hotel in Galena??

Which Galena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Other Irish hotel in Galena??

Ok, last year I was contemplating a weekend getaway to Galena and checked out hotels. I seem to recall the one I liked best was something Irish but it was not the Irish Cottage-I remember that but seem to recall there were 2 Irish hotels in town.

Gone, name changed, or am I crazy?

Tara Hill, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Other Irish hotel in Galena??

I think I can understand your confusion! While in fact there really is only one Irish hotel in Galena and it's named "The Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel" there also exists a place a few miles out side of town called "The INN at Irish Hollow", Irish Hollow being the name of the road upon which the Inn is located. Hopefully this will explain the 'missing' hotel.... oh and by the way, you really should check out <theirishcottageboutiquehotel.com> as it is without a doubt as authentic as the name would suggest.... and I'm Irish born and bred mesself!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Other Irish hotel in Galena??

Thank you celticwitclass-glad I'm not crazy! I appreciate the response!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other Irish hotel in Galena??

Ok, just did a quick check and I guess I had been looking at the Irish Cottage because the Inn at Irish Hollow is WAY more than I would ever pay for a room, at least until I win the lottery!!!

I do think the Irish Cottage must have changed their webpage and that's why I didn't recognize it at first.

4. Re: Other Irish hotel in Galena??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:17