We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Hi,

Next Saturday I'll have about 5 hours to kill in the Geneva/St. Charles area from about noon 'til 5:00. I'll have two kids ages 5 & 8 with me. Besides movies, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Wauconda, Illinois
Level Contributor
983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Dave you just missed the fairs out there last week. St. Charles has a great river walk. I believe there is a nice park by the river on the east side. That might be nice for the kids if it is a good day.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

I think I've recovered from last week's Horseshoe.

Wauconda, Illinois
Level Contributor
983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

I talked to the guy that sits across the aisle from me and he said there isn't much for kids that age. Just lots of parks. In the park I described earlier, there are some times riverboat cruises. Maybe you will get lucky.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Thanks Brian

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Brian - with the weather forecast in the mid 90s this weekend - it looks like were going to the movies. We're going to the Cougars game at 6. Hopefully, it'll cool off a bit by then.

Wauconda, Illinois
Level Contributor
983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Hope you have a good time out there and keep cool. I am doing Germanfest in Milwaukee so that should be interesting with all those people and the heat.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Same to you Brian...

Chicago suburb...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

Fabyan Forest Preserve - along Rt 25 between Rt 38 and Fabyan Parkway. It has a windmill and a bike/ped path along the river. A museum on the west bank of the river.

Fermin Lab self guided tour - the entrance is on east side of Kirk Rd about two miles south of Fabyan Parkway. You can't enter without a destination. So tell the security you are visiting the Wilson building, which is the tallest building there a little less than a mile pass the security. Take the elevator to the top floor of the building and walk around the outer perimeter. You will see the very nice scenary and explanations of the accelerator. Leave the building and continue east for a mile then make a sharp left turn. You will see some bisons on the left.

Cougars are waiting to shower the 7,000,000th visitor with many many gifts today. Hope you are the lucky one.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

As expected, we ended up going to the movies and had an early dinner before the game. We weren't the lucky winners - but it was an excellent game.

10. Re: Killing time in Geneva/St. Charles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Geneva
More Geneva Topics