We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Topic
What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

We plan on spending 2 nights near SFGAm this summer. We'd like to be as close to the park as possible. Being within walking distance, would be ideal. We will be spending all our time at the park. We're not interested in staying at any other location. We travel with a pet, which limits our choices a bit. If I knew which hotels were closest (listed in order by distance from park), it would give me a starting point in my search for a hotel. Thanks in advance for your help.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52,940 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

Comfort Inn - 2 miles

La Quinta - 1/2 mile

Super 8 - 3 miles

Fairfield Inn - 2 miles

Adventure Inn - 2 miles

Comfort Suites - walking distance

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
104 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

I live in Gurnee and there is a Hampton Inn literally across the street. Other close hotels would be LaQuinta and Holiday Inn. I know another poster mentioned Adventure Inn. I do NOT recommend staying there. And the area where that motel is, isn't the greatest.

Mentioned in this post
Gurnee
Gurnee
Lake County, IL
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

I would try the La Quinta (formerly a Baymont Inn), which is a decent, pet-friendly hotel very close to Six Flags. The rooms are clean and affordable and the staff members are helpful and friendly. The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub, and offers a free continental breakfast each morning. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as a mall about a mile away. Hope this helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

Thanks for the suggestions. So, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, & La Quinta (formerly Baymont Inn) are all within fairly easy walking distance to the park? Am I missing any? This really helps in my search. Thanks again

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52,940 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

That's about it in terms of locations close to Six Flags. There are other nearby suburbs with motels.

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

Quick reply! Location to the park is what we're looking for. This is very helpful info. Thanks

7. Re: What's the Closest Hotel to Six Flags?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Gurnee