We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fathers day meal

Which Lake Forest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
136 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
fathers day meal

will be coming to lf friday evening, june 13 to celebrate fathers day with family and friends. we enjoy good Italian food in a casual, friendly environment. Want a local restaurant - no chains please. will be arriving by METRA so close to station would be helpful. There will be 8-10 in the group. Thanks for your help on this.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,475 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fathers day meal

www.miafrancesca.com/restaurants/intimo/

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
136 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fathers day meal

Thanks for this suggestion - have looked at the menu and the place looks quite inviting. Our family is used to a more laid back, less formal setting and a less "sophisticated" menu if you get my drift; i.e. good pizza, ravioli, lasagna, etc. with a cold beer and a glass of ice tea - perhaps a decent glass of wine.

Do you have any ideas along these lines. Do not mean to be picky but we are from Des Moines!!!!! The linen table cloths were my first clue.

Any help would be appreciated. We are traveling by METRA from Rogers Park to meet friends from McHenry. Does not have to be Lake Forest - any ideas in close proximity to other METRA stops in that neck of the woods. Thanks.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,475 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fathers day meal

With Lake Forest & your requirements, your pickings are slim.

I suggest Highwood. It's just before Lake Forest on the same train line. I think this might be what you're looking for - www.buffos.com

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
136 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fathers day meal

will check it out. thanks. richard

5. Re: fathers day meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Forest