We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moline with kids in June, motel with pool

Which Moline hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Moline with kids in June, motel with pool

We'll be staying one night in Moline with three kids, 10-12. Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel with a pool? Any sightseeing tips? Our main objective is to see the Mississippi. I think there are interesting mounds in the region, too? Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moline with kids in June, motel with pool

Play with your dates at www.hotels.com or similar site.

http://www.visitquadcities.com/

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moline with kids in June, motel with pool

I highly recommend the Stoney Creek Inn. I've stayed there twice and really liked it. They really cater to kids. It has an indoor/outdoor pool. It's only a short walk to the river, and it's also in walking distance to the John Deere Museum and lots of restaurants.

Kids stay free, and they have a free breakfast.

It's a really interesting hotel. It looks like a lodge in the north woods. Some rooms have bunk beds.

stoneycreekinn.com/hotel/…

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moline with kids in June, motel with pool

I agree with WeTravel's recommendation of the Stoney Creek Inn. I have attended banquets there and the place is top notch. You can check booking sites and TripAdvisor reviews for less expensive motels in Moline or Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa. The link Dave148 provided is also excellent.

For river viewing, consider the Mississippi River Visitors Center on Arsenal Island. Watch a barge go through the locks. View Government Bridge just upstream of the dam. It has railroad tracks above, car traffic below, plus a swing span. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g36617-d19… (The picture is of a different attraction, the Davenport Skybridge: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g37816-d23… )

Other attractions on Arsenal Island include the Museum and Confederate and National Cemeteries. As a military installation, adult visitors must show ID and your car might be searched.

You can ride the Channel Cat Water Taxi to get right down on the river:

gogreenmetro.com/maps-and-schedules/…

I am no expert and you may find others, but the Indian mounds I know about are a fair distance away from Moline. Effigy Mounds National Monument is in NE Iowa, about 150 miles away. Cahokia Mounds is near St. Louis, about 250 miles away.

http://www.nps.gov/efmo/index.htm

http://www.cahokiamounds.org/

Reply to: Moline with kids in June, motel with pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moline