We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

Which Pekin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

When we got checked in and got to the room it was dirty and the sheets on the bed looked like they were slept on. The Bathroom was not moped as there was hair on the floor from a prior guest and only one set of towels, there were 2 of us.

The next day while we were out and came back in the evening the room was not vacumed and the sheets were not changed and the bed was not made.

So therefore we checked out and went to another Motel where we had stayed before even tho it was a little bit higher. At least it was clean.

Milan, IL
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

We are looking for a hotel (clean) in Pekin. Where did you end up going?

Thanks.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

I would suggest trying the Holiday Inn Express. It looks like it might be your best bet, as there are not many places to stay in Pekin, and some of them don't sound too nice. Holiday Inn Expresses are usually pretty nice-hopefully this one is too.

There is also a Super 8 in Pekin, but I can not find any reviews, so I am not sure what it is like.

Also, I would like to mention that the Comfort Inn that the author of this topic mentions is now an Econo Lodge.

Whiting, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

If anyone wonders if it has gotten any better, it has not. I was there last weekend. Reserved a suite, was given a double room...they insisted they were booked, while many rooms stayed unoccupied. The staff was rude, we were told there was no manager there for the wekend. Imagine that, no manager in a supposedly totally booked hotel. The fitness room was dirty and the machines were broken. The game room took our money. No thanks, never again!

Belvidere Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

We always now stay at the Concorde Inn in Pekin, Its 50.00 for a poolside room! Clean, nice and a resturant.

Jessica

Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

I just returned from Pekin and have stayed at the EconoLodge twice and previously the Holdiay Inn Express. The Econolodge was much better, friendly and cleaner than the Holiday Inn. I was very pleased with my stay.

Tazewell Co.
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

I'm not surprised. There are few hotel/motels in Pekin and the few there are cater to people visiting inmates in the federal penitenciaries on the west side of town.

Level Contributor
313 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

People go to Pekin on purpose?

pekin IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

Some of us are stuck here......LOL........

Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

We just recently stayed, July 2007, at the Econolodge (formerly Comfort Inn) in Pekin. Our stay was just fine. The rooms were a little dated, but provided all the nessecities, hairdryer & toiletries, dresser, work desk, 2 chairs, 2 nite stands plus mini-fridge & microwave(which was great for our week long stay). The TV had lots of cable channel choices plus fast free wireless service. As a personal preference, I enjoyed the super suction ventilation fan in the bathroom. I hate when it gets all steamy, a lot of hotels don't provide a decent vent. I also appreciated the bright overhead lighting in addition to lamps. Having gone in the middle of HOT July, the A/C unit was superb. Maid service was provided daily and was clean. The continental breakfast was basic..cereal, yogart, juice, coffee and waffle, but if you want something more substantial Bob Evan's is accross the street; as well as several other restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't use the indoor swimming pool, but it looked fine and the oversized whirlpool looked very tempting too!

10. Re: Comfort Inn in Pekin, IL on Vandever

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 08:27
Get answers to your questions about Pekin