We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Schaumburg to downtown Chicago

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Schaumburg to downtown Chicago

I am planning to attend a seminar in Schaumburg for a week and intend to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

I have the whole Friday free so to see the sights quickly in Chicago before catching my flight from Ohare on Saturday noon.

I was just wondering if I should stay put in Schaumburg or stay somewhere in downtown Chicago.

Staying around Ohare seems to be also a good option.

I was just wondering what the transportation options are from Schaumburg (Hilton Garden Inn) to downtown Chicago especially if I am carrying one large suitcase.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,317 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Schaumburg to downtown Chicago

www.metrarail.com will get you from Schaumburg to downtown. Moving from Schaumburg to O'hare for one night does not make sense. Stay downtown for your last night. There's a trip planner function at www.transitchicago.com

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Schaumburg to downtown Chicago

That hotel is close to the Woodfield Mall area. You would probably be closer to the Arlington Park Metra station (Union Pacific NW Line) than to the station in Schaumburg. If you want to stay out late at night, I would recommend staying downtown as the Metra doesn't run after midnight (12:30)

3. Re: Transportation from Schaumburg to downtown Chicago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 07:24
Get answers to your questions about Schaumburg