We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Cedar Hills, Utah
Level Contributor
124 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

We are considering a tour package with an operator that lists our stay at Axum at the Sabian hotel. But that hotel isn't listed on Trip Advisor -- unless it goes by a different name or changed names recently. A web search doesn't come up with anything either. Would like to see what kind of place this is.

10 replies to this topic
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Not heard ot it. Not in 2012 Bradt Guide either ( research for that done Dec 2011....)

So probably new......

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Think it may be a new on the the main street that someone told me about and said it looked good.....

Please let us all know what its like.....

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Spell it as follows and you can see it on the web: Sabean International Hotel -- it looks to be catering to conferences and business travelers

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Just had two clients stay there and they loved it compared to the one thy were booked in originally. They said it was clean, in the middle of town, you can sit outside with a glass of wine and people watch. And it came with breakfast. They said the rooms were light and airy.

Hope this helps. oh, and yes, it is new.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

We stayed there for one night in January and found it clean, the rooms nice with wifi that worked well. The elevator was so new it wasn't yet working but we had no probem with the stairs, probably working by now. Only two complaints, the bed was like sleeping on a rock and I left some postcards with the front desk who assured me they would be mailed but since they never arrived here, most likely were tossed. Not a big deal, I would probably stay there again.

Cedar Hills, Utah
Level Contributor
124 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Thanks for the reassurance and correction in spelling. It definitely looks better than other Aksum options. After our trip I will try to get it listed on Trip Advisor and post a review.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Yes it's the best Hotel in town of Axum

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
803 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

not much choice of Hotels in Axum. Sabian is considered the best in the area.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

Yes but there are some Hotels in Axum like Yared Zema international Hotel, and Consolar international Hotel. This three are the best hotels in town.

By Haile Adventure Tours

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?

It's mentioned on trip advisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48…

Reply to: Sabian hotel in Aksum/Axum?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Axum