We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday in Ft Wayne?

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
Save Topic
Saturday in Ft Wayne?

I will be taking a date to a play in Ft Wayne in a few weeks. I've picked out a restaurant, and so everything is set from about 5 pm until the end of the night. The trouble is that I can't seem to find anything to do during the afternoon. I would like to spend most of the day with my date in Ft Wayne, if possible. If I was in Boston, I'd walk the freedom trail, get lunch at Quincy Market, check out the USS Constitution... If I was in Chicago I'd take her to the museum of science and industry, or the aquarium... I just can't seem to figure out the best way to spend an afternoon in Ft Wayne. The zoo sounds great, but it's closed for the winter. I realize that it is a smaller city, but I'm sure there are still some great ways to spend a day that I'm just not finding. Any help would be much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,840 Reviews
Boston, MA
USS Constitution
USS Constitution
1,337 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday in Ft Wayne?

You are about to be underwhelmed by the options in Fort Wayne.

If you like drinking, Mad Anthony's is currently Ft. Wayne's only microbrewery. Although The Dash-in and J.K. O'donnell's are both good places for a pint. Country Heritage Winery is about 20 minutes away.

Our Museum's aren't that great, but Fort Wayne Museum of Art, History Museum, Science Central.

Headwater's Park has an outdoor ice skating rink but they may be closing at the end of the month.

When exactly are you coming? February 2nd there's an artsy event called Fort Wayne Fringe.

The downtown library is kind of cool and has the largest genealogical research collections in the world if you want to look into your family heritages.

Idk, you could throw stuff off a bridge, put penny's on the tracks..haha not much to do during the day. We have two malls if you want to shop. There's a hookah lounge but it looks kinda cruddy IMO.

www.whatzup.com check that out the week you're coming, new issue every Thursday.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Wayne Museum of Art
Fort Wayne Museum of Art
64 Reviews
Fort Wayne, IN
Science Central
Science Central
169 Reviews
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday in Ft Wayne?

I've got more underwhelming choices. Laser Tag, air soft gun range, there's an indoor go kart track somewhere, we do have two indoor ice skating rinks too. Speaking of ice skating rinks you might be able to take curling lessons...

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday in Ft Wayne?

I came up with some more. DeBrand's chocolates. I think they give tours..it really is pretty good. Donald Trump even orders from them. They make a Trump "gold bar" chocolate bar.

There are lots of Spa's and if you like music, Sweetwater Sound headquarters are here.

4. Re: Saturday in Ft Wayne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2016, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Fort Wayne
Recent Conversations