We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

Which Fort Wayne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

Anyone have any suggestions? I want a nice hotel and I want it close to the vera sale...

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

Based on wanting a nice hotel and to be close to the sale (and not from any personal experience), I'd probably go with one of the following (this is all based on my understanding that the sale is located at the Coliseum, if not forget what I'm about to say):

1. Holiday Inn (IPFW/Coliseum) - looks like it would be closest. It's ranked 12 (out of 47) in Fort Wayne, so even not "officially" in the top tier, it's at least near the top tier.

2. Town Place Suites (Ice Way Drive) - also very close and better ranked (#2). This might be my top choice if I was going (but I'd want to check more things out).

3. Hilton (Convention Center) - reasonably close (ranked #9). I've included this one in case you had any desire to be in downtown Fort Wayne (not that I encourage or discourage that).

Beyond those, it looks like there are two other clusters that would meet your needs (and give you multiple options of hotels). One is located around the I-69/Lima Road interchange and the other around the I-69/Goshen Road interchange. These are both roughly 10 minutes away. I'll just add that it looks like the Lima Road cluster has more higher (TA) ranked hotels.

I will add a reminder that the TA rankings *aren't* necessarily based on the hotel's "stars" (how nice it is, amenities, etc), but can also be influenced by how good a bargain reviewers think the hotel is; thus, you can have a "low stars/budget" hotel that ranks quite well because TA users like it based on it being a good bargain (and not because it is plush, has a nice lobby, pool, etc.). So I suggest you don't rely strictly on the ranking, but also check out in detail any hotels you're considering.

Beyond that, you might want to just go down the TA rankings . . . look at a hotel and see if you think it is nice enough (and has a rate you can live with) and if it looks like you'd be happy with it, figure out how close it is to the sale.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

I should add when looking at the hotels based on rankings, be sure and scan the reviews a little too. I just happened to scan a few of the hotels and . . .

I say this because I notice that the best ranked hotel in Fort Wayne has, in my opinion, some questionable reviews. Briefly there are a whole slew of recent 5 star reviews, of which the *vast* majority are from one-post wonders (something like 20 out of the 25 most recent are this type). Now I'm not saying that anything is wrong (after all everyone has to start with 1 review), but it does send up a red flag for me and I might not treat the ranking/reviews for this hotel at face value.

Compare to the 2nd ranked hotel where *none* of the 25 most recent reviews are from one-post wonders.

Didn't look at anything below 1 & 2, but I hope you get the idea of what I'm talking about.

hlo

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

If the sale is at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, then the Holiday Inn across the street would be perfect. It's only a few years old so it's still nice. They even have a shuttle that is free which could take you over to the coliseum and save yourself $4 in parking.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
539 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

last year we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites.. Nice, clean hotel. tons of vera shoppers staying there. this year we reserved Hyatt Place to try something different. as long as its clean, we are only there to sleep... We will be shopping till we drop!!

Auburn, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Fort Wayne, Auburn
Level Contributor
180 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

The Holiday Inn is your best bet for staying close to the sale. The hotel is only a few years old. It is part of IPFW and their hospitality program. You don't have to fight the parking. You can take the shuttle or just walk across the street.

The Hilton or Marriott downtown would be great options as well. They are a 5-7 minute drive away from the sale. They are within walking distance of several restaurants. Both hotels are clean and comfortable. The Marriott was built just a couple years ago.

6. Re: What hotel should I stay at ...for the vera outlet sale??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Fort Wayne