We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun restaurant ideas

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Fun restaurant ideas

Hello,

My son will be graduating from Manchester College (North of Huntington) on Sunday, May 20 in the afternoon. I am looking for a fun place for 8-10 of us to have dinner before my daughter leaves from the Indy airport at 8:00 PM. Anyplace between North Manchester and the Indy airport would be great. We will then return to Dayton, OH.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

A great restaurant for a relaxed yet elegant meal is Petersons (I-69 & 96th St). It's expensive, and only folks 21 and over are allowed in. The waitstaff are the best in town, and the food is excellent (great bar drinks as well).

Other good alternatives (I'm sure others will chime in ...):

Expensive:

Sullivans (steaks & seafood) - Keystone at the Crossing - very high quality food and great wine list - let you stay and enjoy yourself, don't rush you at all

Amalfi's (fine italian) - 86th & Ditch - outstanding Tuscan (and northern Italian) cuisine in an unassuming environment. Peyton Manning's regular haunt - they don't publicize though (and I won't say which day he usually is there, gotta protect the hometown hero's privacy a bit ...).

Moderate to Expensive:

Bonge's (eclectic American gourmet) - http://www.bongestavern.com/ - probably the most unusual of the places I'll mention. Has been an off-the-beaten-path hotspot in the area for years. Began to wane in popularity through several ownership changes; but quality of food remains very high and business has built back up again. Not unusual to see Bentleys and Ferraris tailgating outside on weekend evenings in the summer. Check the web site out. It's right off State Road 13, and you'll likely be coming down that road to get to Indy from North Manchester.

Bravo! Cucina Italian (American/Italian) - http://www.bravoitalian.com/Index.php?mute - open, lively trattoria (it's a relatively small chain of restaurants across mostly the midwest) serves very good food in a very festive atmosphere - NOT a fake Italian type festive, just plain ol' american festive.

There's not much right around the airport or on the west side that is unique or different - many chain restaurants (Max 'n Erma's, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Fridays, and the like).

There are a couple of very nice and unique restaurants in Zionsville and also in Broad Ripple. These towns are a little out of the way (about 5 to 10 miles off of I-465). But among the restaurants you may want to investigate: Zionsville's "Brix" (eclectic gourmet) & "il Villagio" (Tuscan) and Broad Ripple's "Ambrosia" (well established Indy favorite - Italian).

Just some choices. Have fun.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

Ricks Boat House is nice out near Clermont

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

I love Rick's also. It has a beautiful view and is only about 10 minutes to the airport. You might also look into The Loon Lake which is near I 69 and 82nd St. I think they both have websites

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Level Contributor
34 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

I found Elements on Mass Avenue to be absolutely outstanding. A bit pricy, but worth every penny.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

I have to second Indyob on Loon Lake Lodge! It is a great place for a small group. The web page is www.loonlakelodge.com and will give you an idea of the atmosphere. It's a wilderness theme, truly unique and a lot of fun. Fantastic food and the menu ranges from safe to daring so everyone is happy.

Buca Di Beppo is family style southern Italian dining and they have a location on the north side of Indy as well as downtown.

The Rathskeller, German food, in downtown Indy is a lot of fun too!

All three places take reservations which I would HIGHLY recommend if visiting Indy during the month of May.

Enjoy!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

Hey Wonder, you got me antsy now. Aaaahhh!! Nothing like Indy in the Month of May! Can't wait

7. Re: Fun restaurant ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:17