We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

Was considering overnighting in Indy (rather than driving back & forth from Bloomington) on the above nights as I need to be in Indy on the 14th & 15th.

My initial check on hotel room rates/Priceline are not showing the normal (lower) prices I've seen/gotten in the past. Does anyone know if there is a convention or something going on?

If so, I know to give up on getting a cheap room (or at least wait until the last minute). If nothing major is going on I just might be trying to early and may try later.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

The Formula One race will be on the 17th with practice starting on either the 14th or 15th. Let the price gouging begin.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

Thanks so much, that explains why I was seeing top dollar. Looks like my only bet will be a last minute Priceline room - better fill the gas tank & count on driving.

Thanks again

orlando
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

in addition to the f1, there's a jazz fest

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

The Indy Jazz Fest is getting its feet back under itself. In years past, it had bitten off more than it could chew. The festival had fallen into a state of some disrepute, although still drew big names.

They are well organized now and have put together what promises to be a very well executed (unlike years past) series of shows, but a smaller list of acts - although some very SOLID acts.

5. Re: Something going on 6/13 - 6/15?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis
Recent Conversations