We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

Midwest
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

Is it really THIS hard to get a hotel in the downtown area for the Indy 500! I thought I was doing good planning this far ahead but the places I have contacted say they are already "sold out". Is this the case or are rooms being held for some reason??

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
463 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

I don't know what hotels that you are contacting. Maybe try booking online through Indy.org. I didn't think it would be that hard. Or maybe they haven't rolled their booking into the next year. Who knows. Don't give up. Keep trying.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

Some of the best hotels sell out a year in advance. And some hold rooms in reserve until later in the year.

I would guess that the Conrad and Canterbury sell out very quickly. The Omni, Hilton, and Westin are very large - and I'd be surprised if they were sold out - were they in your search?

Midwest
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

Yes they were but most say that they can't book a year ahead...50 weeks ahead yes 52 no...don' t ask me why ...!!

Now they are holding rooms etc. and getting pricing together...that's some of the stories I'm being told.

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
463 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

Getting to speak to the right individual is probably very frustrating. To get a definate answer to your request even harder. Seems like corporate america at its finest.

5. Re: Downtown hotel for Indy 500 weekend...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis