We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for NCAA Final Four

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for NCAA Final Four

My sister and brother in law have tickets for the NCAA Final FOur in March and are wondering what hotels would be best located and likely to have rooms available at this point. I have raved tomtehm about Trip Advisor and am counting on all of you to help me out on this one since I have nevr visited your city, although the headquarters of my sorority (Alpha Gamma Delta) is located there ( along with so many others!) Any suggestions?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
69 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

Depending on budget there is a lot of choice. If my wife and I end up staying downtown we always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, we have also stayed at the Westin, costs more and frankly is not worth paying more than the Hilton GI.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

Try the Crown Plaza Hotel!

One of the best hotels down-town VERY VERY VERY close in fact cross street and you are there!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
69 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

Just a word of warning on the Crown Plaza, it is adjacent to the railway tracks, if you end up with a room on the wrong side of the hotel, depending on how heavy a sleeper you are, you may be woken 3-6 times a night with trains going by.

Indiana
Level Contributor
85 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

I have heard that the Embassy Suites downtown is very nice. I'm sure that almost any brand name hotel you chose downtown will be fine. I have lived in Indy for five years and still think we have a great downtown area.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

If you stay at a downtown hotel, I would recommend the Westin, Mariott, Courtyard Marriott, Hilton, or Hampton Inn. Embassy Suites and Days Inn are not among my favorite hotels (they both need some renovations in the rooms). Staying downtown would be my first choice because it is closest to the activities. Airport locations would be my next choice. At the airport, I would recommend the Quality Inn & Suites, Radisson, Holiday Inn Select, or Courtyard Marriott. Because of the Final 4, be prepared to make a deposit (some hotels are requiring full payment up-front) and be subject to some stiff cancellation policies. Be sure to ask about the payment and cancellation requirements and if there is a minimum night stay before you make the reservations.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

I suggest you find something and lock in now.

This week's Indianapolis Business Journal has a front page story about hotel rooms being scarce for the Final Four. Seems the ticket brokers are also snapping up hotel rooms.

This link will only work until the next IBJ issue, after that you need to have a subscription to access

http://www.ibj.com/html/story091205.html

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

I would go Embassy suites or crowne plaza....try the indianapolis visitors bureau website to book if hotel websites show no vacancy...we got a great deal at the crowne, and enjoyed it this summer...went to a colts pre-season game, and booked a family adventure package...good luck. book now....

Indiana
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

I grew up in Indianapolis, and returned to live north of town, so I actually never stay in hotels. However, I was surprised none of the other posts mentioned the Canterbury (pricey "European style", famous for Mike Tyson's rough encounter) or Omni Severin. Both would be very convenient to events downtown.

If downtown and airport locations sell out, I would advise my own friends to choose locations towards the north side of town; however North Michigan Road hotels in my opinion would not be as convenient as North Keystone (431), North Meridian (31), or 69 locations which are straighter shots into the city.

(Just perusing what pops up on Tripadvisor, I can't believe Sybaris comes up, with favorable reviews no less. Trailer trash version of a romantic weekend -- A strong chlorine smell would be most welcome there)

Hope you enjoy Indianapolis -- where great basketball is always revered, even if the homegrown teams aren't playing!

fyi: Skip the NCAA Hall of Champions -- I went a second time, hoping they had beefed up their exhibits enough to warrant the admittance...really boring, sort of like what sixth-graders put together on poster boards for presentations. (Some do enjoy the replica of a typical old-timey Indiana high school gymnasium)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

If you don't mind my asking, how do your sister and brother in law already have tickets for the Final Four???

scranton
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for NCAA Final Four

Hi, just wondering if you have found a downtown room. I booked 2 at the new conrad hotel, it looks great but is very pricey. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis