We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indy 500 festival parade

cardiff
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
indy 500 festival parade

Hi,

looking to book tickets for the festival parade however a bit lost where to sit to get a good view.Grateful for any ideas. Thanks

Indy
Level Contributor
208 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indy 500 festival parade

All seats towards the top of the stands will give you a good view. The prime seats are on Pennsylvania between Vermont and North St (toward the parade route start.) It's when the parade is actually timed well and there's no gaps. Toward the end of the route it gets a little more out of step because of all of the balloons.

You really can't go wrong along the entire parade route. Again, top of the stands would be best.

If you don't want to book seats, I go every year early and sit near the curb on Meridian St. I've never had any problems seeing the parade.

Enjoy!

cardiff
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: indy 500 festival parade

Thanks for your reply,really looking forward to it now,will phone and see what tickets are available thanks again.

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indy 500 festival parade

Our son's in the Purdue Marching Band and will be there for the first time in the parade. We won't be going, but keep your eye out for the band and the world's largest drum. Enjoy and welcome!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: indy 500 festival parade

As long as you have a seat, it sould be a good view. You might try to get a seat on The Circle though. The perfect place is under the awning at The Hilbert Circle theatre. That way in case there is any rain you'll be covered.

cardiff
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: indy 500 festival parade

thanks again for all your input ,have found this forum great for planning all I have to sort out now is parking for the race and I am set.

Indianapolis
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: indy 500 festival parade

"If you don't want to book seats, I go every year early and sit near the curb on Meridian St. I've never had any problems seeing the parade."

Where on Meridian do you sit, and how early do you need to arrive to get a spot? Thanks.

7. Re: indy 500 festival parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 05:30
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis