We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible visit to Indianapolis

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UTAH
3 posts
Save Topic
Possible visit to Indianapolis

I am trying to find some tickets to see the Colts play. My BF is a bigtime Colts fan and has never been to a game. Are there hotels/bars near the stadium? Does anyone have a lead on where I can get some tickest? We wouldn't be coming until November. Hopefully to see the Colts play the Patriots.

How is the weather during that time? Cold, rain snow? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Linds

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible visit to Indianapolis

Nt sure how to get tix this early. There are pelnty of places to go to before and after the game. I wold suggest staying downtown and booking early. November can be hit or misss. usually the weather isn't too cold or snowy around here til late dec

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible visit to Indianapolis

Try stub hub later once the season starts at the Colts website. Season tickets holders sell off game tickets they can not attend.

UTAH
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible visit to Indianapolis

So, I am assuming tickets have not gone on sale? Do you know if it's possible to get single game tickets directly on the colts website or by calling the ticket office? Is there a lot of public transportation? How far is the stadium from downtown?

Thanks so much!

Lindsay

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible visit to Indianapolis

Lucas Oil Stadium is downtown and in November, like was stated previously, it is hit or miss, might be sunny and 55 degrees or could be cold icy/rainy/snowy. I think we play the satans in early November so weather should be ok. I would stay at The Crown Plaza or Homewood Suites. I have stayed at both and they are a good location for the stadium and other activities downtown. As far as tickets, stub hub is probably your best bet. There is an extensive waiting list for tickets and I would not count on single game tickets if they are even available. Scalping is legal in Indiana so there will be people selling tix near the stadium, but I wouldn't do that coming from Utah. The nice thing about stub hub is you know where you will be sitting. It is more expensive but might be worth it since you are traveling so far. Public transportation is not that great in Indy but as long as the weather isn't aweful you can walk to most places worth going to or get a cab. Hopefully this info helps.

UTAH
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible visit to Indianapolis

Yes, all of this information help! Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully we will make it out this year to a game. If not there is always next year. :)

6. Re: Possible visit to Indianapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 07:20