We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest hotet to new IND airport

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oldsmar, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Closest hotet to new IND airport

We are flying into IND arriving very late and need the closest possible hotel to the new aiport as we will turn around and come back to the airport early the next morning to rent a car. Has anything close opened this year?

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
459 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest hotet to new IND airport

Your best choices would be in Plainfield just west of the airport maybe 2 miles or so. quite a few new hotels off of I-70 exit. Holiday Inn , not sure of the others but many to choose from.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest hotet to new IND airport

I believe a couple of hotels have gone in just south of the airport on the south side of I-70. Don't have names or anything else, but these are probably as close as you can get (unlike the old airport there isn't anything in walking distance.

Other option is to go ahead and check out hotels that were near the old airport and/or Plainfield and figure out which ones still offer free airport shuttle.

That's my $.02,

HLO

INDIANA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest hotet to new IND airport

Crowne Plaza at the airport provides a shuttle to and from the airport and parking. We have used them twice. You can get a great rate thru Hotwire- 3 1/2 star airport location.

Oldsmar, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest hotet to new IND airport

Thanks so much. We're not familiar with IND, but know there is a new airport. We want a clean, very close hotel to get a few hours sleep and clean up prior to going back to the airport the next morning to rent a car. We don't want to hassle with the car rental the night we arrive as it will be after midnight. Much appreciated!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest hotet to new IND airport

As mentioned above, I would look at Crowne Plaza, Courtyard by Mariott, Adam's Mark or Hyatt Place. We have clients stay at the Courtyard and Hyatt Place and know they are clean places to stay. All have shuttle (actually not positive about Hyatt Place) Unfortunately since the New Airport is so new the hotels are right next to the old airport but still convenient to the new.

6. Re: Closest hotet to new IND airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:21