We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Hello,

My hubby and I are comning to Indianapolis for our anniversary and football game. We would like to stay walking distance to Lucas Stadium but at a nice hotel with great night life. Is this possible to have it all near? Is the stadium in the downtown area and how far is it to the airport. Thanks a bunch.

Indianapolis...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Lucas Oil is right downtown; the whole downtown area is pretty compact, about 15 minutes from the airport. The Hyatt is literally a block away, and the Conrad is nearby as well. Not sure about the nightlife at either hotel, but downtown Indy has lots of great restaurants & bars.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

When is the game that you will be attending? If it is in Sept., Oct., Nov. the weather will still be good (late Nov. isn't great but not aweful). The airport is west of downtown, grab a cab down at "ground transportation" and take it downtown, it is a 15 minute ride max. Everything is within walking distance in Indy. I stayed at the Homewood Suites downtown a couple of years ago and would recommend it for the quality and it's location. They built it in an old building and kept the exposed brick and wood. It has flat panels, kitchenette and only a few years old. It is on Meridian which, as the name would indicate, runs through the center of downtown. You are only a 5 minute walk from LOS and very convenient to bars and restaraunts. Right down the street is Slippery Noodle which has great live music. But just remember that you could essentially stay anywhere listed as "downtown" (except for University Place and hotels on the westside of downtown) and not need a car during your stay. If you give a few more specifics about your expectations for accomodations and activities I can give you a lot more info.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Thanks for all the great information. We are coming the first week of November. We are in our late 40's there for looking some great bars with a mature crowd but FUN.

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Some bars to avoid that are not mature crowds are Tiki Bob's , Have a nice day cafe, & wild beaver saloon. Cater to the College kids and twenty somethings. I also prefer the mature crowd myself. Recommend Slipery Noodle Inn best blues bar , food and drinks downtown and in Indiana. But explore find something that fits your style and enjoy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Just found a great deal on the Conrad, looks like a great hotel and close to everything. Any thoughts??

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

The Conrad is probably the highest rated in the city. It is right in the middle of downtown. For all the night spots just walk south on Meridian and you;ll find them easily. The "LUKE" is probabaly a 5-6 block walk from there. The weather here is usually not too cold then and shpuld be a pleasant walk

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Don't waste any time the hotels fill up fast for home Colts games. Lots of people in town for the games. I agree the Conrad would be the best choice for luxury and service downtown. Enjoy !

Indy
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Grab the Conrad if you're getting a great deal. Definitely the nicest hotel in the city, and fairly new. (Not sure how the Microtel Inn Airport made the top hotel in the city on TA, but we know the ratings are subjective.) They also have a very nice spa, so take advantage of that while staying there.

No need to rent a car if you are here for the weekend. Parking is high at the downtown hotels, and you can walk to everything. Only thing that you couldn't walk to is if you choose to go to the Art Museum or Motor Speedway, then I recommend a cab. Transportation to/from airport is easy - either Indygo Green Line ($7 pp one way) or Carey Limo has been great (shared ride around $15 pp one way plus tip.)

Slippery Noodle is a great spot for the over 30-somethings. I'd also recommend the Rathskeller, about a 5-6 block walk from the Conrad. There are lots of coupons available at Restaurant.com for some very good restaurants nearby (use zip code 46204 to search.)

Let us know if you need any additional tips. Have fun! (Hopefully you're rooting for the Colts!)

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Also coming to Indianapolis, would you mind telling me how you got a deal at the Conrad? Looking to come a lot sooner than you though, hopefully, I can find a deal also. Coming next week for the "college tour" with family and husband wants to stay downtown. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Your Help with Travel Plans!!

Agree wholeheartedly with the recommendations of the Rathskeller (the Kellerbar in the Rathskeller, on Mass. Ave.) and the Slippery Noodle.

If you're looking for a bar buzz, where people socialize openly - these two are it. For great barfood and bar atmosphere, I'd add Scotty's Brewhouse to the list (more of a sportsbar type place, but great barfood and excellent selection of beer, second only to the Kellerbar in beer selection).