We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

Ontario
7 posts
Save Topic
Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

Hello,

I'll be attending the Colts-Patriots game in November 2009 and needed some recommendations as to which hotel to stay at. I've never been before and all the hotels seem more or less the same. I would love some feedback on which one offers a great price and possibly includes breakfast and has a smoking room (although this is not a must).

Thanks.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

Indy is a very walkable downtown and weather November 15th should still be ok (not great but definitely not Canada) so you can stay anywhere south of the circle and be within walking distance of LOS. There are hotels right next to the stadium; Staybridge Suites, Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express they are new so should be clean and decent prices. Then there are a number of others that are within 2-3 blocks of the stadium. I would recommend staying at these because you will have easier access to restaurants, bars, clubs, shopping, etc. Of course that depends on how long you will be in town, but most hotels are comperable in price (except for Conrad, Canterbury, etc.). Let us know what you mean by "great price". I am not sure if there are "smoking rooms" available anymore, smoking is banned in restaurants and bars (with exceptions)and that might apply to hotels as well. Use this link to research and if you have questions about a specific property post it here.

visitindy.com/indianapolis/…

Note: you can sort the search by proximity to LOS/Convention Center. Since the convention center takes up city blocks and there is quite a void where the Dome used to sit, close to convention center might actually not be as close to LOS. It will still be walking distance.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

You could try using Priceline for a 4* downtown hotel. They're all pretty near the Stadium EXCEPT the University Place Hotel over near IUPUI. That one's not really walkable but is not a long ride.

Biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com give advice on how to play the bidding game at Priceline.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

Oh yea I forgot...If you are a patriots fan please stay home. :-)

CT
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

Mcwill, your town will be VERY busy with Boston fans that weekend, I guarantee you that!! Celts are also in town to play the Pacers the night before. Should be a FUN weekend for Boston fans!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

It was a joke, we love it when chowders bring their money to town and it will be fun for celts but not the patsies!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

We have been to Indianapolis for the Colts/Pats game the past two years and coming again this year as well. We always stay at The Conrad Indianapolis. It is in the perfect location to everything downtown and only a short walk to Lucas Oil Stadium. GO COLTS!!!

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

LOVE the Mariott and the Omni. Crowne Plaza Union station is fun and unique. The only hotel that my husband and I have hated is the westin. As others have said, any hotel downtown is going to be close enough to Lucas. Also, as ainwa mentioned, use priceline. I do not travel without it. You will save a ton of money and get a great place. If you aren't familiar, use "name your own price" and then just select downtown area on map, star rating, and name the price. It's fun and like I said, you'll save lots of $$$

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

Hi mdigirl! We look forward to welcoming you back again this year for the Colts v. Patriots game. Go Colts! Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you during your stay here. Enjoy!

9. Re: Need Advice on Hotel near Lucas Oil Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis