We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni or Weston?

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Omni or Weston?

Class reunion next weekend downtown and any suggestions on either of these hotels? Thanks for your help--I have not stayed in either one.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni or Weston?

It would depend on convenience, although the location of either is great. Personally I would base it on price. There was a post here a few weeks ago about the Omni and the poster was concerned about it. She stayed at Omni and liked it. What drew you to these two? Where is the reunion? Give some detail and we will try to get you info.

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni or Weston?

Actually it is the night before ice breaker--starts at Palomino and then probably a bar crawl down Meridian Street--just don't want to drive afterward--the price I am finding is $95 for Weston and $119 for Omni--looks like Omni is probably a little closer just wanted opinions on is the Omni worth the extra $20? Thanks!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni or Weston?

Like I said I would choose based on price. Omni is more central but not a difference maker. They both have restaurant/bars on location (Omni has Olives-one of our favorites). Check on parking prices for each and see if there is a difference. Both are nice hotels.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni or Weston?

I would second letting the room rate/your budget be the deciding factor. I've stayed at both although it's been a few years since I was at the Omni. The Westin is a little newer/nicer, but it's not like the Omni is a dump.

As far as which is more convenient, again a bit of a toss-up. It depends exactly where you start/end the evening. Seeing how they are only about 4 or so (rather short) blocks from each other, in the worst case (that you started or ended at a bar right next to one of them) it's not like you'd have a major walk because you "picked the wrong hotel."

Hope this is helpful,

HLO

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni or Weston?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni or Weston?

Oh yeah, one more thing. Don't forget to calculate the parking charges into you cost comparison, if you'll have a car. Don't know what the two your considering charge (or details on alternatives), but for downtown hotels in Indy it's not an insignificant amount.

On the other hand, they're likely pretty close and doubt it will close the rate gap, but it could be enough to tip you one way or the other if you're really close and can't decide.

HLO

7. Re: Omni or Weston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 06:22