We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Topic
nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

4 professional guys going to ohio state indiana game next weekend looking for an area to stay friday and saturday night...was looking to stay where we can walk or cheap cab ride to nightlife... is downtown our only and best option? thanks for your help!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
320 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

I think there may be some assisted living places with bingo and shuffleboard games you might be interested in. Just kidding! I'm your age and sometimes feel like that's about my speed.

Actually, downtown is probably your best bet. Broad Ripple, which is about 60 blocks north of downtown, is a happening area but really doesn't have many hotels close by. It draws more of a college-age crowd, which is okay for us old guys, but downtown attracts a broader age range. That said, you can probably get a cab ride from Broad Ripple to most places in the city that have a lot of hotels, like the north side, for maybe $20.

noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
617 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

Hey guys..40 is the new 20! At least that's what I tell myself. Most definitely stay downtown. You can walk just about everywhere. Make sure & see the Slippery Noodle, it's the oldest bar in Indy I believe. Mass. Ave is great too & not too far from the circle area. You'll have fun in Indy.

SB2

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

Downtown is best. Shouldnt be too crowded with the Colts out of town except for some of the 60,000 buckeye fans who will filter up from Bloomington. Slippery Noodle is good or check out the Ratzkellers "Beer Garden" which is out side and has live music.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

Stay downtown, the best options for hotels and restaurants/bars. If you choose you can get a cab to Broad Ripple and it wouldn't be very expensive. Definitely check out Slippery Noodle & Rathskeller for drinks and fun. We went to Harry & Izzy's about a month ago for dinner and loved it. You could sit in/at the bar and have great drinks and apps. Everything is walkable so don't hesitate to hit the sidewalks and wander around to find a place that looks good to you. Enjoy!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
924 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

7 p.m. game in Bloomington - you guys won't be getting back to Indy until very late Saturday. Getting out of Bloomington with all the traffic back to Indy from the OSU fans will be a pain. Get here early enough to have a great time on Friday night, but don't expect to have much time on Saturday night.

6. Re: nightlife for 40 yr olds ohio state / indiana gamet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis