We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

There wasn't anywhere for me to "review" this event yet so I will have to review it in a forum. I bought my husband tickets to the Moto GP race this year in Idianapolis and we had the best time! We sat in Section J (in front of the curves and right before the finish line) the seats were great!

We also made it downtown Indy at night to see the Motorcycles on the Meridian, which was also VERY cool! I highly recommend the whole weekend event and it was well worth our 7 hour drive (one way from Northern Michigan)

Here are a bunch of pictures..enjoy!

www.facebook.com/album.php…

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

Glad you had a great time. If you have a minute give a quick summery of where you stayed, ate, etc. and what you thought. Hope you can make it back for many years! By the way we (my family) love your hometown as well, been there in the summer a few times...very beautiful.

Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis East it was gorgeous we got a whirlpool suite (see the pictures...) I easily could have slept forever in their beds, so comfortable! The whirlpool in the bathroom was to die for! The landscaping outside was amazing (we took a couple pictures of this vine walkway type thing outside the hotel...beautiful! There were also fountains too outside the hotel..it was really something else!)

marriott.com/hotels/…

We didn't eat anywhere special-just Checkers (or Rally's...I think they called it in Indiana) and stuff like that...we don't have a Checkers or a Hardee's in Petoskey, Michigan so we eat at them when we can find them (I know...we shouldn't =P haha)

Indianapolis Motor Speedway itself was really something to see..it was HUGE..like an amusement park! When we got there, there was parking and vendors set up in people's lawns everywhere..it was crazy (but crazy FUN!) I've never seen anything like it and we've been to Florida during Bike Week...it's just a different set up I guess.

My husband REALLY loved the "Ducati Island" once inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as you can see we spent quite a bit of time in there between the races and after the races..and you could even get Nicky Hayden's autograph at one point!

I was really surprised when I heard different people from different countries talking, but I guess the races are all over the world...(there are only two in the U.S. one in Indiana and one in California). The whole experience was really cool to see live and the whole weekend overall was so much fun!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

Thanks for the details, kind of selfishly it helps to be able to refer people to events if asked. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, although do try to stay downtown Indy if you come again. A group of us were talking about trying to take in some of the Moto GP events this year but it just didn't happen. Again thanks for taking time to share your experience!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

Great pictures. It looked like fun, even if you aren't a motorcyle fan (like your husband obviously is!). Motorcycles on Meridian looked great too!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

My prior post sounded wrong -- I meant that if someone wasn't particularly a fan, not you, Dawn. Sorry about that!

6. Re: 2009 Indianapolis Moto GP was great!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis
Recent Conversations