We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Downtown

Batesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
33 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Downtown

Looking for cheap parking in the downtown area. We will be staying at the Marriott and going to the Convention center everyday. We dont mind a long walk.This will be about a 3 day trip over the weekend.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Downtown

Mall parking is the cheapest. But if you are staying at the Marriot then I would just park there.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Downtown

Mall parking is hourly so leaving it overnight/over the weekend is not cheaper. Like I said above it is going to be the same everywhere for overnight/daily rates.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
320 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Downtown

There are no easy answers to this. There really isn't any cheap overnight parking downtown, depending on your definition of "cheap." None of the downtown parking rates are as horrific as, say, Boston or Chicago, but it still will cost $10-20 per day. You might be able to snag something for possibly $8 per day. If you are here on a weekend the Colts play, you're going to get screwed on price.

The mall is dirt cheap but didn't allow overnight parking the last I checked. Street parking is free during the weekend. Of course you risk exposing yourself to getting vandalized or ripped off (which I don't think is all that common). It's certainly less risky to park in a garage and pay but if you really want to save money on parking, this is one way to do it.

noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
617 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Downtown

I called the Marriott. They get $27.00 a day for self park or $30.00 a day for valet. It seems steep to me, but I would just pay it. You can easily walk everywhere you need to go after that.

SB2

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Downtown

I would and have found free street parking. $30 a day? It isn't Gotham City. Not worth it.

Indy
Level Contributor
208 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Downtown

There are several posts on this topic recently. HonkHonk is correct.... you will have to pay at least $10/day unless you luck into street parking. Weekends it's free after 6pm on Friday (at designated meters.) I'd start scoping around 5pm and pay the hour to secure a spot. You can also check the indy downtown website to find parking in other garages.

Here's the link to the previous post: tripadvisor.com/…18631297

7. Re: Parking Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis