We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

I am surprising my wife with an overnight trip to Indy for her 30th birthday. Our two small children will be at home with the grandparents.

We are staying at the Hyatt downtown and I already have dinner reservations for Friday night and some plans for Saturday as well.

I have tried to look, but I haven't had much luck finding something to do for after dinner on Friday.

Is there anything interesting going on anywhere Friday night? Live music would be nice.

If we can't find anything special, we'll just hit up a nice bar or something, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks!

Go Colts!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

I save these every week just in case someone asks this question, thanks. Click this view.exacttarget.com/…

It isn't everything but it might give you some ideas. I would ask the concierge because things are going to be a little different downtown than normal February weekends because there is a game being played on Sunday that is a pretty big deal for most of us. :-) If I hear of anything going on that isn't Super Bowl related I will be sure to post but I am guessing there won't be. Enjoy your visit.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

Might also check out the Nuvo website: http://www.nuvo.net/ (this is an alternative weekly for the Indy area).

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

Thanks.

My wife and I are die hard Colts fans and are hosting a party for 25+ on Sunday, but I wanted to surprise her before then so the Super Bowl doesn't overshadow her 30th bday.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

"Romeo and Juliet" is playing at IRT. "The Dirty Dozen" is on at the IMA as part of the Winter Nights Film series. "The Trials and Tribulations of a Trailer Trash Housewife" is on at Theatre on the Square. Use IndyGo's online Trip Planner at www.indygo.net/tripplanner to plan your downtown travel. Nearly all IndyGo routes serve the IRT downtown. Routes 34 and 38 serve the IMA. And routes 5 and 17 serve Theatre on the Square. Have fun in Indy!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

Sorry, I missed the "live music" part of your post. As long as you are up for a fun and loud atmosphere I always tell people to visit Slippery Noodle, it rarely disappoints. It is a Blues bar, but it is generally fun and upbeat music. I love it there. Check the Nuvo link that HLO sent for live music. If you have any questions about locations just ask.

6. Re: Any entertainment for this Friday night, Feb. 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 07:17