We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazilian Steakhouse

Indiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Brazilian Steakhouse

I think there is one located in Indianapolis. I have been to one in Atlanta and it was great. Does anyone know if the one in Indy is good?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
320 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazilian Steakhouse

There is one in Indy (Fugo de Chao). It's downtown. I have never been there but I have talked to several people who have and they rave about it. The one tip they give is not to fill up on the over-the-top salad bar or you won't have room for the over-the-top meatfest.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazilian Steakhouse

Yep, what honk said. :-)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazilian Steakhouse

There are other places that call themselves Brazilian Steakhouses in Indy - but Fogo de Chao is the best by far, IMO.

Honk is right on - fight off the salad bar, and the offerings of inferior meats, and DEMAND the good stuff (picanya, strip sirloin, etc.). Lamb sir? "NO" ... Chicken? "NO, bring me the picanya" ... Our finest sausage, sir? "NO!!, please bring me a steady stream of picanya - take the other stuff to the other tables !"

Once they know you mean business, they'll come through (they want the big tips!).

The only two times I visited the Indy franchise (which were great meals), they DIDN'T have tres leches cake. Sad, but true. Not sure why - the other Fogo de Chao's I've visited all served that great cake dessert.

Indiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brazilian Steakhouse

Thanks all for your comments. I can't wait to go there!

5. Re: Brazilian Steakhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis
Recent Conversations