We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indianapolis Final Four 2010

North Olmsted, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Indianapolis Final Four 2010

Yea !!!! It's almost Final Four time and I am back for more suggestions. I will be staying at the Wyndam Airport and need suggestions on where to park....any idea of parking costs....etc. I have called the hotel and they will not be running a shuttle to the Stadium . This is my first trip to Indy so I am NOT familiar with downtown and the Lucas Oil Stadium area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!

Go U.K. !!!!

Sandy

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

Are you still coming to town if UK doesn't make it? Anyway, this is going to sound vague but you will want to get downtown and weigh location of parking vs. cost. There are many options around LOS but it will be VERY expensive. As you get further away (generally speaking) it cost less. Since you will be coming in from the west you might want to park 3-4 blocks west of the stadium to eliminate some traffic. I always try to park in the direction I will be leaving the stadium. Hopefully this helps.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

First of all The Wyndam is a nice place. I believe it used to be called The Adam's Mark. It is an easy 10 minute max drive to Lucas Oil. Not much around there as far as eating but just west of there is Indy's Restaurant or a Waffle/Steak house for breakfast. On the weekends in downtown Indy parking at the meters is FREE (as long as it's not redbagged) If the weather is nice you might try parking near the Capitol Building on the street. About a 6-8 block walk to the stadium. I would get there by noon and stroll around downtown for a while. Plenty of places to eat/drink/shop all within walking. Monday a little differnt story. The last time The Final four was here a got downtown about 6 (parking is FREE at the meters after 6 pm) The working crowd will be clearing out so you should be able to find a spot. I parked near the Cap Building then. it was easy to kill three hours before game time. This weekend The Big Ten Tournament was in town and the cheapest parking was $25. Expect the price to raise with double the crowd. Spend a lot of time downtown. You will love it. And is UK kentucky or kansas? GO BUTLER!!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

Indyob - UK is Kentucky, Kansas is KU. :-)

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

You might leave the car at the hotel and take the IndyGo greenline (circulates from the airport to downtown hotels) or ride share through one of the local limo services. That way you don't have to pay parking and search for a spot when town will be packed. Circle Centre mall parking is traditionally very affordable but during large events it fills up fast!

Indianapolis
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

Hurst Bean parking usually has space available for events at Lucas Oil Stadium. Not sure if Final Four parking demands will be greater than a playoff game so you might want to act quickly. You can see the Hurst parking lot on their site at www.nkhurst.com/our-company/beanfield.html . I've had a great time tailgating there for Colts games.

Level Contributor
527 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

You might look into the parking situation at White River State Park downtown. The surface lot is close to Lucas Oil. It's a tailgating spot during Colts games, so definitely walkable. If you really want to save $$, you could park at a meter maybe a mile away from Lucas Oil and walk - it would be a safe and pleasant walk through pretty parts of the city to the stadium. Consider Pennsylvania Street, Alabama Street, Vermont Street, Ohio Street, or anywhere else around the Indiana War Memorial Plaza. I doubt the Final Four masses will be parking around there so you may well find a free spot.

Louisville, KY
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

not a reply but a question about Final Four accommodations; we're thinking about heading to the game for Sat. 4/3 but because we waited til the last minute, hotels are hard to come by. we're on a waiting list for downtown but tonight i found a Hampton Inn at 2311 N. Shadeland with rooms. now I'm wondering why? we don't need fancy but want clean and safe. any thoughts? thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

The hotels on the north side (US31/Meridian area) are likely better bets all around than the Hampton at Shadeland. Same for the hotels on the south side (just off I-65 near Greenwood). Most of those will be relatively modern, well-kept hotels, in areas that won't make you at all nervous.

Could be a lot of fun. Butler looks great, and Purdue is surprising everyone who thought that the loss of Hummel would be fatal for them. Go Bulldogs ! Go Boilers ! I'm coming back into town, whether or not they're in the games. NOTHING is better than college basketball !

Edited: 26 March 2010, 03:20
pittsburgh, pa
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

Hello UK fan! Since UK did not make to the final four, are you still going? My team is going to the final four and I would be interested to find out what your arrangements are.

thank you!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
346 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indianapolis Final Four 2010

The Hampton Inn on Shadeland is fine, my in-laws have stayed there several times. All of the action will be downtown, but if you can't get a room downtown the location will be very convenient to get downtown (just 15 minutes on I-70). It is in an industrial/middle income neighborhood on the east side, you'll find a number of places for breakfast nearby but not much else to entice you.