We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pizza

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
Level Contributor
265 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pizza

I'll be in Indianapolis in July with the family....what is the best pizza place in town??

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pizza

Depends on your taste. I like bauxbeaux pizza two locations one in Broad Ripple and one downtown. Lots of people like Some Guys pizza. I have not tried it. For deep dish Union Jack in Broad Ripple or west side . I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,496 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pizza

Consider checking out Urbanspoon or Yelp. For what it's worth, there are those that swear by Yelp, but I prefer Urbanspoon.

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pizza

Jockamo's is good. In the Irvington neighborhood on the east side. Far west in Avon is Monicals.

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
462 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pizza

I second Jockamoo's . I forgot about it. Great pizza and service. Well worth seeking out. There is also a Monical's in Glendale square now.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
363 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pizza

New Bethel Ordinary in Wannamaker has great pizza but they load so many toppings on it that you are full after 1 piece.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
346 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pizza

Jockamo's on East Washington St. in Irvington is the best IMO. Runners-up (but still very good) are Bazbeaux, downtown on Mass. Ave.and in Broad Ripple (northside) and Some Guys on Allisonville Rd. (northeast side). Some Guys has a more extensive non-pizza menu (i.e. lots of pasta, Italian entrees) than Jockamo's or Bazbeaux, which are pretty much limited to pizza.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
281 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pizza

I like Bazbeaux, Puccini's (multiple locations on north side) and Some Guys. Two other places that specialize in proper Italian pizza are Napolese at the corner of 49th and Pennsylvania and Pizzology at 131st and Hazeldell Parkway, which is actually in Carmel.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
910 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Pizza

The group has pretty much nailed my favorites. But on an overall basis, Indy is not a great pizza city. I don't know that there is any pizza in town that I would travel great distances to eat.

Indy
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Pizza

I would have to say that Indy is not a great pizza city. Having been born and raised in New York, I prefer Neapolitan or thin-crust pizza. Giorgio's, just east of Monument circle on Market Street is the best pizza that I have had in Indy, which is to say it would be slightly above average in New York. They also have very respectable calzones, lasagne, etc. Giorgio still runs the place himself and he is from Italy, by way of Brooklyn. A little slice of home for me.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
320 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Pizza

I second Puccini's. Lot of flipped out kinds of pizza, like goat cheese and eggplant. That kind of thing. I also like Nancy's pizza on the northside.