We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

Detroit
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

Hi there. We'll be in the city for one night in November and are looking for a hotel recommendation just outside the city. I say outside the city only becuase we're trying to stay under $100 on a Sat night.

Basically, we want to be near a walkable place with things to do, such as restaurants, bars, etc.

Here are my options on Hotwire:

1) East INdy - Lawrence/Warren Park

2) South INdy - Southport

3) WEst Indy - Speedway

4) Airport- West of Stout field

5) NW INdy - Pyramds at College Park

6) Keystone- Carmel/Home PLace

7) Fishers - NE Indy

Also, we're going to the Colts game at Lucas Out Stadium on Sunday the 14. It would be nice to have good access to the game.

Thanks in advance!!!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,549 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

Walkability around hotels, outside of downtown, is somewhat problematc. For you it is compounded by you budget and the fact you're looking on a Colts weekend (room demand up at least somewhat).

Completely off the top of my head, I'd say Keystone Crossing first. There's a few hotels in the area and it's got the mall & a few nearby strip malls that you can walk to; the bad news is the best hotel for this (central & attached to the mall) will probably be over your budget.

Next thought is the College Park area (Pyramids). Not as walkable, but there are plenty of options at least close.

Beyond those two, I'm going to have to think about it.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

Huntlawoffice is right The closer to the game - the higher the rate & fewer rooms that might be available generally.

You might check with Holiday Inn Select, Staybridge and Comfort Suites - all right next to Lucas Oil but if you factor in the fact that breakfast comes with it balances a little. Also check on parking fees. You're going to pay a good $20 to park on game day - if you're already paying to park there you save one day's parking.

You might also check into the hostel - www.indyhostel.us. Check out the Web site at least - I've heard good things and it looks clean and would be much cheaper than some of the other options. You can see pictures - it looks very clean and updated and depending on how many beds you need - you might even get a private room!

Also check www.visitindy.com for more ideas and click on where to stay.

Indy
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

HLO is generally right about walkability outside of downtown. One area to consider is the area at Exit 66 on I-70 (Mooresville/Plainfield). This area is just west of the airport. Any number of budget-priced hotels ranging from Motel 6/Budget Inn up to Best Western Atrea, Cambria Suites, Holiday Inn Express. There are several restaurants in the area including a winery and a brand new brew pub. About a 15 minute drive to downtown. Here is a link to a hotels.com search I just did (though I did not have your exact date):

http://www.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Plainfield%2C+Indiana%2C+United+States&searchParams.arrivalDate=11%2F13%2F10&searchParams.departureDate=11%2F14%2F10&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&children%5B0%5D=2&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.childrenAges%5B0%5D=11&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.childrenAges%5B1%5D=13&asaReport=HomePage%3A%3ACity&destinationId=1406220&searchParams.landmark=&hotelId=

Indiana
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

I agree with Growler on this one. There are several nice motels & restaurants in the Plainfield area that would be about 15-min from Downtown and much quicker than Castleton or Keystone at the Crossing to get Downtown.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

That Plainfiled exit is nice with plenty o options. It's an easy drive on I State 70 to downtown, about 15 min

6. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please- Outside of Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 06:17