We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Day Family Activities

Rogersville, AL
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Day Family Activities

Hello. Our large family is hoping to gather in Indianapolis for New Years Eve and New Years Day. I'm wondering what activities might be open and available on New Years day that would interest kids and adults. Thank you for any suggestions!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Day Family Activities

Don't have any specific ideas/suggestions and, unfortunately, don't have time to think/consider/research any at this time (I'll try to do so sometime soon).

That said, you might want to check out the Children's Museum to see if they have any sort of special events. It's a world class museum that should hold the interest of both the children and the adults.

Lastly, you might include a little bit more information to help us narrow suggestions. What are the ages of the children? Do either the children or adults have any particular likes/dislikes? What area of town are you staying in? Are you actually looking for something that will be going on at midnight? (And any similar information would be helpful.)

As I always say, more information will be you more & better suggestions.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful at this time,

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Day Family Activities

HLO had a fantastic recommendation - Indianapolis Childrens Museum. There is something there for everybody. You might check out Conner Prarie. There may not be much going on right now, but they do have a gingerbread village. If you are basketball fans, the Butler Bulldogs are playing Valpo at 2 pm on New Years Day at the historic Hinkle Fieldhouse. The students will be on semester break, so it may be a good time to get tickets to see a great game at an awe-inspiring venue. You might want to call the athletic department to check on ticket prices.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Day Family Activities

A couple of other ideas for your family - Ice skating at the Pan Am plaza is open on New Year's Day. Jillian's (an arcade/bowling alley/pool hall/restaurant) and the IMAX at the Indiana State Museum are also a lot of fun for kids of all ages.

4. Re: New Years Day Family Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 05:16