We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for DrJ6

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Topic
Message for DrJ6

Doc,

Found myself downtown on Maryland St. last Saturday and remembered your comments in another forum about the beer selection at Buffalo Wild Wings. Stopped in for a bit and wasn't disappointed. Excellent variety. Will definitely drop by again when in the area. Thanks for the recommendation, however inadvertent it may have been.

atj

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for DrJ6

no problem. you might also try Chalkies up on the north side. their selection is not as vast, but they always have quality beers on tap. they were the first in town to bring in some good quality belgian ales on tap.

my friend owns BW-3. if I hear of any new beers coming in the future i will put up a new post here.

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for DrJ6

It's been a couple of years since I've been to Chalkies, but I do recall a decent number of good beers there. May have to think of an excuse to get back there.

atj

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for DrJ6

Doc,

I wandered into the Fox and Hound in Carmel tonight and found a fairly good beer selection including Youngs Dirty D!ck, St. Georges (which had just replaced Ram Rod), and Double Chocolate Stout. I tried and really enjoyed the St. Georges.

atj

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for DrJ6

Were these on tap or bottles? Do you know if this establishment is owned by the same Fox and Hounds folks in Castleton? I didn't think much of that location on my only visit there.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for DrJ6

Try Shallo's on the southside. Almost to Greenwood. It's at U.S.31 South and County Line Road in the old Target Mall

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Message for DrJ6

Doc, The Youngs products were bottled. Not nearly the same as hand pulled ale, but interesting nonetheless. Don't know about the ownership. The place was packed when we were there but food and service were generally good. We'll probably return.

atj

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Message for DrJ6

I have not triedl Shallo's but perhaps a trip to the southside is in order. As for Young's products, I am able to get them in bottles at either Kahn's locations when I can't snag them at wholesale cost. They also carry a limited amount of Fuller's as well as Adnams broadside.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Message for DrJ6

Eat your hearts out guys. ;) I just had Young's on tap this past Sunday night! Of course, it helps being in London. I went to the TALF meet at the Lamb.

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Message for DrJ6

Aaarrgghh! Gabby, it's not enough that I have to read of your adventures in London and Las Vegas.....but stopping by the Indy forum to rub the TALF meeting and Young's on tap in our face?! Shame on you :^)

Just color me green with envy.

atj

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Message for DrJ6

You go to those forums too? I had no idea!!

There's a mini pub crawl this next Tues night in London, not sure yet if I'm going or not. Door to door takes me close to an hour timewise and I have to be in the city on Monday so not sure about venturing in 2 days in a row. We've been traveling the countryside most weekends trying to decide what city/town or village will be our new home, when the first of the week rolls around, last thing I want to do is go anywhere!!

Sorry about the green with envy....the grass really isn't greener on the other side!! Visiting and living in a place are totally different things, especially when in London but your income is in USD and a corporation isn't paying your expenses!

Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis