We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking Allowed Inside IND?

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
510 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking Allowed Inside IND?

Sorry to invade on your board, but we are planning a trip to Las Vegas from FL, and want to lay over in an airport where you can still smoke.

If you can still smoke, is it in the bars, or do they have a smoking

lounge(s)?

I know, I know, QUIT....hubby and I haven't been able to YET!??

Thanks

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking Allowed Inside IND?

Here in Indy a new law goes into effect march 1. If it's a 21 and over only place of business smoking is allowed (unless the owner says no) If minors are allowed in no smoking allowed, unless it's a bowling alley which are exempt. No kdding. That's Indiana for you. As far as the airport I'm not sure even if it's allowed in the bars there. If not there is a hotel right across the street (used to be a Hilton but has changed. They have a bar.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking Allowed Inside IND?

There is a special smoking lounge in the airport, just ask someone that works there and they'll tell you where it is. I believe it's by the Airport Police office near Terminal C.

Just to clarify the last poster's comments, the law will be 18+, not 21+. But since Indiana's liquor laws are extremely strict in regards to adults 18-20 being in a bar, most restaurants will just go to 21+ if they do decide to stay smoking.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
510 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking Allowed Inside IND?

DrDru,

Thanks!

Is that a private club, or a public place to smoke? If we go outside (have time?) you have to go thru all the security again!...sooo, maybe i'll smoke in the bathroom and get arrested???? I wonder how much that would cost????

FL went totally non smoking over a year ago, no smoking in any restaurants unless you're outside! We only patron restaurants where we can eat outside, weather permitting!

I want to quit, I want to quit, I want to quit! but I don't.....

"It's my own damn fault" Jimmy Buffett

Thanks for the info......

signed up for SMOKERS RIGHTS TODAY...GEEZ!!!

Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis