We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
135 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Any recommendations on a nice restaurants in northwest indy. ?

Will be in town business on next week.

Steak/seafoos or sushi.

Indiana
Level Contributor
818 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Depends on what you mean by Northwest.

Rick's Boatyard is very nice.

rickscafeboatyard.com/Indianapolis/home.html

Indiana
Level Contributor
818 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Also, keep in mind that Indianapolis is easy to drive. Northwest Indy to downtown is maybe 15 minutes (tops). You will spend more time getting parking downtown, than getting to downtown. Other than some superbowl construction around the convention center, you will be surprised how convenient it is to get downtown.

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Tegry Bistro for great sushi...

Teds Montana Grill for steaks...try the bison,,it's awesome.

Rick's is also good as previously posted

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Tegry Bistro for great sushi...

Teds Montana Grill for steaks...try the bison,,it's awesome.

Rick's is also good as previously posted

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
161 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

I agree with one of the previous posters that it depends on what you mean by NW Indy. For seafood/sushi, Ocean World near 86th and Ditch tends to be quite good. Tiger Lilly, in the same area, is also fantastic, but it's a Chinese/PanAsian restaurant that doesn't specialize in seafood per se. I personally don't care for Ted's Montana Grill, which is further west on 86th, but have only been there once.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,771 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

I'm going to skip giving any specific recommendations.

I will suggest that you check out restaurant web sites. While TA has some information on restaurants, I don't know anyone who uses it as their "go to" restaurant site (for lots of reasons).

I usually use Urbanspoon, but there is also Yelp (which I know others who swear by it, but I avoid for various reasons) and then there is also Chowhound (but I don't know how "active" it is in Indy).

Urbanspoon will allow you to see restaurants by "neighborhood" (their term for areas), cuisine and a few other features (such as kid friendly, etc.).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Edited: 22 August 2011, 15:47
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

Agree with the Ocean World comment...try their soft shell crab rolls. Also the new Hotcakes on the Southeast corner of 86th and ditch is a great place for breakfast.

Where are you staying can provide more based on location.

I know when I travel, I don't want to go to chains ie Ted's but we have some very good locally owned restaurants.

8. Re: Restaurants in Northwest Indy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis
Recent Conversations