We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

ann arbor, MI
Level Contributor
70 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

Although I am sad that my Spartans lost, we had a great time in Indy. It was our first, but not last, visit to the city. It was so clean, vibrant and everyone was very friendly. I would certainly recommend it to friends.

We were lucky with nice weather but I did love that you could get around to most places via the skywalk. We visited the City Center mall, state museum and NCAA hall of champions. Dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory followed by a carriage ride. Saving the zoo and canal for a summer visit.

Lots of Badger and Spartan fans all over town but everyone seemed very respectful of each other and it seemed like one big party!

Thanks to those Indy folks on the forum that took the time to respond to my questions before we came down, Looking forward to going back to Indy this summer.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

Glad we could help and thanks for the "thanks." All too often advice is given, suggestions made, additional information requested and . . . we hear nothing back from the original poster.

Glad you enjoyed your trip (if not the game) and look forward to helping plan your next trip,

hlo

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
924 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

I could feel some of the buzz Friday afternoon. Wanted to come down Saturday, but family obligations took priority.

As hlo said, thanks for the feedback. I have been making an effort to go back to threads where I ask for advice, to report back - glad you did.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

Well of course you'll come back to Indy! The Big Ten Championship game is back here again next year. Probably a rematch. You might want to think of coming in May for the 500. City really buzzes that weekend and to witness The Greatest Spectacle in Racing with all the tradtion, paegentry, and bout 350,000 spectators is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!1

ann arbor, MI
Level Contributor
70 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

The forum help really made a nice first impression of Indy. It was no different when we go there - everyone was very nice and welcoming.

I really do hope that the Spartans will be in the run next year-absolutely we would return for that! I also like the suggestion to return for a race...had not really thought about it, and it would be something we've never done.

Thanks again to all!

5. Re: Dec 2-4 Trip Report (Big 10 Game)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis