We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sister's getaway weekend

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Sister's getaway weekend

Hello,

I am hoping to plan a one night/two day escape to Indianapolis for my sister and myself. We are both pregnant (me 7 months, she 5.5 months) so we would like to find a nice, plush (but still moderately priced) hotel where we can relax. We would like to be in a location where there are good restaurants to pick from and maybe some interesting stores to browse as well. Biggest thing other than a nice hotel would be recommendations on a great spa where we could spend the majority of our time. Hope that's enough info for suggestions, let me know if additional clarification is needed. Thanks in advance!

Indiana
Level Contributor
835 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sister's getaway weekend

The JW Marriott Hotel "complex" has a Courtyard and Spring Hill Suites all connected. It is walking distance from everything via a covered walkway. Even if you stay at the Courtyard, you can use the JW. There are also spas nearby at other hotels. All the places to eat are within 5 blocks. Have fun.

http://www.theplacetobeindy.com/

Edited: 15 March 2012, 20:41
Level Contributor
529 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sister's getaway weekend

As for a spa, there aren't many in Indianapolis. The Conrad Hotel has a pretty good one, and it's open to everyone, not just guests. If you book any treatment there, you have access to indoor pool and hot tub for as long as you want. It's pretty plush. The locker rooms are nice, too. And you receive free valet parking at the Conrad if you book any spa treatment. The only other spa where you could hang out is Woodhouse, I think. It's in Carmel, a northern suburb, about 15-20 miles from downtown.

The Villa Inn, a bed-and-breakfast on the north side of downtown, also has spa treatments. Massages there are fantastic. But it's not a true destination spa like the Conrad is.

Go to Mass Ave downtown for an afternoon of shopping and lunch or dinner. Of course, Circle Centre mall downtown is the primary shopping destination. There really isn't any other shopping downtown.

The other option would be to stay on the northside at Keystone at the Crossing. The Sheraton is adjacent to the Fashion Mall, the city's best mall. And there are plenty of restaurants and shops around there, including Nordstrom Rack.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sister's getaway weekend

Here's a link to a great spa right in downtown Indianapolis. It is the favorite among professional athletes spouses, etc. Great decor and ambiance and just a few blocks from everything.

http://studio2000spa.com/

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
35 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sister's getaway weekend

You should also consider the are known as Keystone at the Crossing. Great shopping at the Simon owned Fashion Mall (look online). There are 3 hotels onsite -- the Sheraton, the Marriott and the Hyatt Place. Just west of KATC is a Homewood Suites and they have small kitchenettes in each room. There are tons of restaurants at KATC and the shopping is plentiful. Just east of the area (maybe 5 mins east) there is a huge Baby's R Us, Nordstrom Rack, DSW shoes and a new Container Store. Right next to DSW there is a great spa called Philipe's. A bit further east -- closer to Allisonville Road -- there is another great spa called Absolu. Either one will offer great treatments and they are within 5 minutes of the hotels at KATC.

Not too far from the area (10 minutes south) is an area called Broad Ripple. It's a fun area with some little shops and a lot of bars/restaurants. There are also small spas in that area. I would suggest Adorn by Ado on College Avenue.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sister's getaway weekend

Hyatt Regency downtown is connected to Circle Center mall and is probaly the one most conveniently located for you and usually reasonably priced. The Conrad and it's spa is just right across the street. Tons of dinig options all around the direct area w/o having to walk far. Can park your car for the weekened at the hotel and never have to get it out.

Congratulations on the bambino's and have a nice time.

6. Re: Sister's getaway weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis
Recent Conversations