We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Service

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Service

Hi, I will be here for the final four. The hotel I'm staying at is about 6 miles south of the RCA Dome. I'm thinking about taking a cab in and out of downtown.

1. Anyone have a list of good cab companies?

2. Anyone have a guess how much a one-way cab fare would be?

3. Do you think cabs will be available at all times (i.e. 2am Sunday morning, etc....)?

4. Does anyone know if cabs will take four poeple at a time?

Thanks for any help, pass any suggestions I may not be thinking about.

Indy
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Service

1. Anyone have a list of good cab companies?

The taxis I see downtown most are Yellow Cab. The number is 317 487 7777.

2. Anyone have a guess how much a one-way cab fare would be?

My GUESS would be around $15-20, but depends on the number of people. They may charge more during Final Four weekend, too.

3. Do you think cabs will be available at all times (i.e. 2am Sunday morning, etc....)?

Yes. There are quite a few cabs around downtown at all hours. You can always find them at the hotels downtown if you can't waive one down.

4. Does anyone know if cabs will take four poeple at a time?

They should be able to accomodate.

I recommend calling Yellow cab and verifying. They will be able to give you "exact" (or close) fare with the address of your hotel.

If you decide to drive yourself, you can easily find parking on the north side of downtown (New York or Ohio St.) A little walk, about a half mile, but that's where most of the locals park for Colts games who want to get out of town without a hassle.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Service

Good answers from Tracey. I would prefer to drive myself should be plenty of parking. Where are you staying. Sounds like your near Southport. If so, and the weathers nice you can probably park North of The Circle on Delaware St. Parking on the street is free on weekends and free after six on weekdays ( as long as there isn't any NO PARKING signs posted) If you park there you can go east a couple street to EAST St then south to the I 65 ramp and have a quick 10 minute drive back

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Service

Are there plentiful cabs near the Speedway? That's where we're staying. We'll be drinking so driving is out of the question.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Service

Need to call ahead about 15 minutes to get one. Are you staying at The Speedway (Brickyard Crossing)? Trip downtown about 10-15 minutes. If so, join us in The Flag Room at The Brickyard Crossing Inn on Friday night about 7:00. Ask for "Carpets"

Indianapolis, IN
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Service

Your hotel front desk will be willing to arrange for your cab. And from downtown you won't have any problem. There are a lot of cabs. Easiest way to get one - stop into a hotel and ask a bellhop to get one for you. It doesn't matter whether you are a guest of the hotel.