We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

northwesttennessee
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

My wife and I and our 4 year old are from Tennessee and have never visited the Children's Museum. It sounds like quite a place.

Would we get bored if we plan to spend two days there? Or is one day enough?

Our kid is reading and enjoys science, etc.

Thanks!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
70 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

I would say one full day is enough - it's a great place with lots to see, but I don't think most people would be able to fill two full days in there. Have fun!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

The Childrens' Museum is an amazing place -- it is the largest in the world. So, if you just go one day, you'll likely miss some things/exhibits, but that might be OK because at some point it does get overwhelming -- or at least exhausting because there is a lot of ground to cover. For a four year old, there are lots of great galleries like Playscape and the trains and carousel are big hits with that age group.

Right now they have a traveling exhibit on Hot Wheels.

Depending on how long you have to be in Indy, I'd suggest doing just 1 day at the Children's Museum and then 1 day at the Indiana State Museum right downtown. They have several galleries that a child interested in Science would enjoy.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 21:15
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

The Children's Museum is certainly a marvelous place. One day should cover it, particularly for a 4 year old. You might want to consider going to Connor Prairie, a recreated 19th century farmstead, and staying at the motel with the waterpark to occupy the second day.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
893 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

Two days would be too much. One good day, at least 4-5 hours, should do it. There are some sections that wouldn't interest a 4 year old, although you yourself might find them interesting.

LaPorte,Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

I agree on 4 or 5 hours, or a day. Check out all of the monuments downtown, they are beautiful, and the Indianapolis Zoo is great too,they even have a dolphin show. Indy is a beautiful city you will really love it! Have fun!

Edited: 04 July 2012, 12:44
6. Re: Is 2 days enough for Children's Museum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis