We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
229 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

Heading down this weekend for some Kenny Chesney R&R. Just wondering what restaurants are within walking distance from Lucas Oil Stadium? Also, suggestions on things to do in the area on Sunday.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

Just about any downtown restaurant is walkable to the stadium. Indy will be very crowded since it is Brickyard weekend

indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
459 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

All the restaurants will fill up early since the concert start at 3:30. Lots of radio broadcasts and promotions starting around noon. So be ready for some big crowds where ever you go downtown. Not to mention as previous poster did the Brickyard visitors which also enjoy the comforts and restaurants downtown.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

You have more restaurant options than you can shake a stick at. Urbanspoon (my "go to" restaurant site), lists nearly 200 in the Wholesale District (the "neighborhood," Urbanspoon's term nearest the stadium). Pretty much all of these will be walkable. Add in the Fountain Square, Downtown and South/Southwest neighborhoods (some of which might be walkable, but most would require a short drive) and you're talking about around another 300 or so.

Is there anything particular that your looking for (or not looking for) in a restaurant: cuisine(s), budget, ambiance, beer/wine selection, etc? Providing a little more guidance will help us focus suggestions on something that you're more likely to enjoy.

Ditto re: suggestions of things on Sunday, do you like/dislike: museums, shopping, history, outdoor stuff (and for most of these add "what kind")?

Looking forward to making specific suggestions,

hlo

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

Some of my favorite restaurants downtown, as noted all within walking distance of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Scotty's Brewhouse:

scottysbrewhouse.com/locations/…

Harry & Izzy's

http://www.harryandizzys.com/main/

Indianapolis Colts Grille

http://coltsgrille.g3restaurants.com/

Weber Grill

www.webergrillrestaurant.com/locations/…

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

Let's not forget Bazbaux pizza it's pretty close.

Some trivia......did you know that Kenney Chesney was the first artist to perform at Lucas Oil Stadium and he invested a lot of $ into the sound system of the stadium for the enjoyment of concert goers, as it is primarly a sports venue it did not have the best acoustics. I love Kenney and have been fortunate enough to see him twice. Enjoy the concert

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

Thanks for the info everyone! I really appreciate all the suggestions! As far as our plan for Sunday, we're going to just go with the flow and not plan anything. Again, thank you! Thanks for the trivia, Indygirl! I love Kenny too! I try to hit a different stadium show every year! :)

7. Re: Restaurants by Lucas Oil Stadium.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis