We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus? or cost of taxi from east side hotel

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Bus? or cost of taxi from east side hotel

HI! I'm so excited... BF just surprised me w/tix to Indy 500, but everything else is up to me (on a CHEAP budget!).

Found a decent (?!) price at an East side hotel, but don't want to drive to track on Sunday. Have read (and visited site for) IndyGo for bus transportation. To take advantage it appears I'd have to drive to downtown and park and take bus.

How expensive are taxi fares? Rather, WITH TRAFFIC BEING WHAT IT WILL BE, how expense would you guess a taxi be? Either to downtown or to track from Quality Suites East at 7050 E. 21st St.?

Appreciate ANY help on getting to/from Speedway from hotel without driving. Thanks!!

Nancy

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus? or cost of taxi from east side hotel

Hi Nancy! Where is your hotel. My guess close to Shadeland Avenue. If that is the case a taxi ride downtown will run about $30.00 one way. The rate is usually a $3.50 pickup charge, a $1.50 per extra passenger PLUS 40 cents per 1/5th mile. It's about ten miles from Shadeland. At the very least I would suggest driving downtown to the IndyGo pickup site. I think there is one at The Indianapolis Zoo. Other questions. When are you coming in? Are you leaving back to Chicago right after the race? Have you ever been to The 500 before? Here's what I would do. :Leave your hotel about 8:oo a.m. (Race starts at 1:00 this year) or even earlier. If the weather is nice it's easy to kill a few hours arouynd The Speedway with all the souveniour stands or just watching the people (about 350,000) coming into the track. You would want to be inside no later than 11:00 to make sure you don't miss the activities. Check The Indianapolis Motor Speedway website for race day schedule. Your schedule after the race would depend on what side of the track you want to park on. I can get you parked for $10 about a half mile from the main entrance to the track (call 317-258-4497 and I'll give you the TripAdvisor discount)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus? or cost of taxi from east side hotel

Thanks IndyRob!

Actually we're staying way east of Indianapolis. I was trying to avoid driving after the race (due to plan to imbibe :-) !).

Appreciate all your info. I'll give you a ring if we decide to take you up on parking offer! Thanks!

Nancy

3. Re: Bus? or cost of taxi from east side hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 06:29