We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Indianapolis 500

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
long island
Level Contributor
455 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for Indianapolis 500

Looking to purchase tickets and see that their tickets available in Paddock and C Terrace. Which seats would be a better choice?

long island
Level Contributor
455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

A follow up to my question. What rows would have the better reviews.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

Call the visitors center and ask them, i'd say. They know all that stuff.

Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

Tickets are easy to get even on race day. If you are coming early (track is open on Friday for carb day) take a walk around the track and then find tickets. Lots of secondary market tickets for sale around the track or just buy them at box office.

The tower terrace is behind the pits which is pretty cool compared to other race venues. If you want to see a lot of track you need to go high and outside on a turn. Turn 1 (E stand) tickets are most $$ and sought after. A good bargain is stand J in turn 4. I also like inside up high in turn 1.

I like to walk around a lot and drink beer and smoke cigars while listening to the race on my transistor radio do the seat location is not so important.

Your race day planning is key - a great thing about Indy is you can bring in your own food and drink (no glass bottles). Have fun!

long island
Level Contributor
455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

thank you for the information . where should I look for a hotel room

Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

Staying downtown is the best experience with the restaurants and nightlife. If you just want a clean room with convenience to the speedway there is a decent collection of hotels at the 71st st and 86th street exits on I-465 (michigan rd as well). approaching the speedway from the north via lafayette rd is a good way to get into the speedway on race day with minimal traffic. If you don't mind spending the money - downtown will give you the best indy experience. Be sure to take in the 500 Festival parade downtown on Saturday. It starts at noon.

Vincennes, Indiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

I personally like seats in tower terrace. I like watching the action of the pit crews. The race can get a bit boring if there are no wrecks etc. So, if you behind the pits you have action to watch.

7. Re: Tickets for Indianapolis 500

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis