We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel in good area near Airport

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
18 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel in good area near Airport

I'll be coming in from Bloomington, IN. Is there a recommendation for a good clean hotel somewhere along that direction along the way to the airport that is in a good area?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Bloomington is only about a hour away from the Indy airport. Is the a specific reason you need something closer? If yes, we can come up with with some, but I do question any "why."

If you give us more info, we can give a better response,

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Plenty of places at the I 70 and Plainfield exit

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

I still question somewhat why you won't just drive from Bloomington (but do realize there can be reasons).

That said, here's a link to a thread which discusses the the three main clusters of "airport" hotels in Indianapolis:

…tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g37209-i281-k5680…

Hope this helps,

hlo

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
18 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Looking to have to time to drive around and see the sights before heading to the airport. I will have already spent some time in Bloomington and surrounding areas.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Okay, that makes sense; was just curious.

While I think an airport hotel makes sense for your needs, not sure it would *have* to be an airport hotel. I'd say a good percentage of the hotels in the Indy area are probably within ~15-30 minutes of the airport and might be more convenient for what ever you want to do around Indy. Just a thought.

Let us know if you have any other questions about the Indy area.

hlo

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
18 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Unfortunately I can't get the link to work.

Are there 'must see' attractions in Indianapolis?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Hmmm, didn't work for me either - looks like maybe I missed getting all 3 "w"s when I cut & pasted it the first time - let's try this again:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g37209-i281-k56800…

As for "must sees" it would help if you gave some indication about things you like/dislike and interests (the old one man's meat is another man's poison idea). I know for a fact that my wife's must see list would be different than mine. No reason to suggest outdoor stuff if you hate nature, shopping if it bores you, sporting events i fyou hate sports, etc.

We'd much rather suggest things *you're* likely to consider "must see" and enjoy rather then just post a laundry list of the usual suspects. Also, it would be helpful if you told us when you'll be in Indy as there could be any one of a number of seasonal/special events going on.

That said, here's a short list of some "only in Indy" type things/ideas: Speedway/Speedway Museum, "Museum Row" (3 side-by-side museums near downtown/the canal, including the Eitljorge - dang I got to learn how to spell that), Zoo & White River Gardens, Children's Museum, Canal Walk(s) and/or Monon/Cultural Trail, Indianapolis Museum of Art, and . . . okay stopping before it becomes a long laundry list.

Lastly, you might want to repost this question as a new thread. That way: a) other eyes are more likely to see it & respond, and b) it will be of more use to later visitors (people aren't likely to check thread on airport hotels if they're looking for "must see" ideas).

Looking forward to making some specific suggestions,

hlo

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Doubled checked, the link is working in my last response. You'll find that thread discusses the main three clusters of airport hotels. (Again, you might want to consider other areas if you decide on something specific you want to to.)

Later,

hlo

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

Oh yeah, re: "must sees." You might want to take the time to scan the forum. It's really not that high a traffic forum and scanning back a few pages & checking out forum threads is probably worthwhile. You might see similar threads and/or see something that peaks your interest. If nothing else, I'm sure there are a fair number on eating in Indy as well as the downtown in general.

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good hotel in good area near Airport

I-70 & Plainfield exit has plenty of hotel options for you.

We enjoy the Chateau Thomas winery at this exit and there are several hotels next door or across the circle drive it is on. They have live music many nights.

http://www.chateauthomas.com/