We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

We plan to go to Slippery noodle.Any other suggestions?Thanks

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

Why not do the whole Meridian Street crawl: Nicky Blaine's, Jillian's, Claddagh, Ike & Jonesy's, Tiki Bob's, Have a Nice Day Cafe, Ugly Monkey, Slippery Noodle. I doubt The Red Garter is your style but who knows.

Next door to The Hampton is BW-3 where you can get wings and beer, and across the street is the Wild Beaver Saloon.

I know I'm missing the after hours/dance clubs. The Vault on Market Street perhaps.

Ohio
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

Tell me more about this Red Garter.Do you know how much admisson fee is?Do they welcome couples?Sounds like fun.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

It's the only gentlemen's club downtown. Located on Illinois Street south of South Street. Couples welcome. Although its been several years, I recall that women did not have to pay cover and for guys it was $8-10 bucks depending on the time you go. Weekend evenings will be busy, especially if a convention is in town. You'll see all kinds of patrons from bikers to hip-hop wannabes to high rollers to frat boys.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

There's a fairly new place under The Red Eye Saloon. Heard it's fun (early 20's crowd) It's on Meridian Street just north of the Union Station train underpass

Indiana
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

indyob - you are referring to subterra, which is an underground ultra lounge. it is pretty sweet, and as the rest of those ultra lounge/club places, there is a cover usually $10.

but if you are into that whole scene there are 4 right around each other. BLU, which is the newest, ICE, and Club 6. i was in club 6 during the final four and eli manning was passed out on the bar (pretty pretty funny).

Howl at the Moon which is a chain of piano bars, is always fun and packed. the cover is 8 bucks. there is usually a line, but it moves pretty quickly. (younger crowd)

Ohio
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

Thanks to everyone who has given any help.Which bar do you think would be more entertaining Slippery noodle or Howl at the moon?

Ohio
Level Contributor
244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

My husband and I are 35 and have been married for 5 years.We are going to celebrate it.Which bar would we fit in best at?We love all types of music.Indy seems to have a much better nightlight then Ciny where we are from.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

I can't think of many bars in downtown Indy where people truly would not "fit in". Slippery Noodle is a great place for live music, with Chicago, Texas or New Orleans blues. Howl at the Moon is a sing a long piano bar, which seems to always have a line out the front door. Personally, I think it's kind of cheesy, but the place is usually chocked full of rowdy tipsy singers. Subterra is more posh and yuppish and is below the Red Eye Cafe, which is downtown's only 24 hour restaurant. If you want posh, there are three other so-called ultra-lounges on the same block - Ice, Blue, and...I forget the name of the other...

My personal favorite is Nicky Blaine's, the first block south of Monument circle. Nice martini and cigar menus, and you just can't feeling like you're somebody bigtime when sinking into those leather couches.

Have fun.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

HEY TUBE, again. Did you ever go to the original Cozy? I heard the original owner is buying it back and returning it to form. Hope so

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife near Meridian street (near hampton Inn downtown)?

Never made the original Cozy. I heard it was pretty cool, though.