We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Hotel Choice

Ninety Six, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Hotel Choice

Trying to find out which Hotel would be preferred downtown. Headed to the SMRP conference at the Convention Center in October.

Westin

Hyatt Regency

Marriott

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Hotel Choice

All (as most downtown Indy hotess) are so close as to be no difference from a location standpoint. You're talking a few minutes difference to anywhere downtown.

I'd say base your decision on: TA reviews/rankings, price, brand loyalty, "flavor," amenities desired, etc.

Bottom Line: You're looking at a good group of hotels and won't go wrong with any of them (in my opinion). Which one is "best" will depend on your opinion/desires and price/ performance.

If you add any details about what you're looking for in a hotel, I might lean one way or another and will let you know what I think (I've stayed at many (all?) of these hotels), but absent that I'd day go with the one that looks best to you.

That's my $.02,

hlo

Edited: 21 June 2013, 04:24
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
921 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Hotel Choice

If it makes a difference both the Westin and Marriott are rated 4 Diamond properties by AAA. Marriott always seems to offer a little bit better of a rate, which will cause it to book up faster. But if you have a special conference rate and rooms blocked then this might not matter. I have stayed in both and you can;t go wrong with either but I prefer the Marriott. It just seemed to be a tad bit nicer/better shape.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
515 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Hotel Choice

I have stayed and had friends stay at the Hyatt. It is nice and clean and attached to the mall and the Convention Center via interior walk ways in case of inclement weather. I also beleive there to be more restaurant choices closer to Hyatt then the Marrriot & Westin. Plus I love their Eagles Nest restaurant for a cocktail with a view.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 04:14
Ninety Six, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Hotel Choice

Booked the Hyatt, Thanks to everyone for your replies. Looking forward to this trip.

5. Re: Downtown Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:16