We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

Does anyone know if they have the Park, Stay, & Go program?

It looks like they do from their website, but when I try to book a room, even with the code "RPPGO1", I don't see any difference in price from booking a room without the code.

I see from the Hotel Reviews that others have stayed at this hotel and used their shuttle and left their car parked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

Don't have an answer for you, but since you've not gotten any responses . . . thought I'd go ahead & make suggestion or two. (I've done park & fly stays at a few of the airport hotels, but not with this hotel, so I can't say if there is a rate difference or not.) Also, I'm with you that I don't see a different rate, I spent a few minutes looking at the hotel website and, while I see reference to the airport shuttle, I didn't see anything about a park & fly rate(s).

My suggestion is that you either:

1. Contact the hotel direction (e-mail, call or ?); or

2. Try sending a PM to the reviewer who referenced using this hotel for a park & fly.

It may simply be that they just charge the regular rate and let you park?

Sorry, I couldn't give a definitive answer, but hope this helps,

hlo

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

hlo...thank-you for responding. I wanted to wait until the first of the week before I called the Hampton Inn. Sometimes on the week-ends, you just can't get the information you need.

Here's what I found: The Hampton Inn SW/Plainfield does have the "Park, Stay, & Go" program with free airport shuttle. They do not include the extra cost in their online reservations, but will have you fill out a short form when you check in and charge you $30 for up to 7 days and an additional $5 for each day after.

Hope this helps someone else.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

Thanks for the "response." We now have the institutional memory/answer for anyone with this question in the future!

I guess since this is the way they do it it, it (sort of) makes sense not showing up in the room rate ; on the other hand, showing as a "regular" rate or a booking option, would make more sense to me. (I mean just show it as an option that is $30 more expensive and explain that you can leave your car for 7 days . . . .)

I guess to me *not* showing it as a room rate option would make more sense if rather than a flat $30 (for up to 7 days), they actually charged the $5/day (or some similar rate) for as long as you were going to be there. (Since in this case it wouldn't be a "one-size fits all" charge, but would depend on how long you wanted your car there.)

Anyway - again, thanks for posting the answer,

hlo

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

I'm wondering if it has something to do with guests that want to use their Hilton Honor Points for their stay. I wanted to use my credit card award points and none of the available hotels in the CC program listed an option for the Park, Stay, & Fly".

I did call a couple of other hotels;

Wingate by Wyhdham Ind. Airport quoted an extra $5 per day for leaving your car.

Best Western Plus Atrea/Airport & Suites, IND quoted $40 extra - Melissa didn't specify how many days, but I had left a message that it would be 7-8 days. I believe Melissa was a manager at that hotel....she left me a voicemail.

When we get back mid January, I'll update this information and do a review.

The Park, Stay, & Fly programs are really nice and I know from time to time it can be difficult to get information, particularly if you are not booking directly with the hotel.

Happy Holidays everyone!

5. Re: Hampton Inn Plainfield question??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:20