We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

California
2 posts
Save Topic
What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

I will be in town staying at a Hotel close to the airport..Anything fun close by within walking distance or maybe a short cab ride..I have all day on Dec. 3 and 4 ..Maybe a sports bar close by for Monday Night Football?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

Which hotel at the airport? I know one of them right at the airport has an OK bar. I'll check it out and let you know. You might want to consider a taxi trip downtown, which is about five miles. Probably about $20.00 round trip. You might check your hotel about a possible shuttle service downtown. There are a few places within five miles north on I465 that would be good for the games. The Colts are in Tennesee that weekend so the downtown won';t be too crowded

California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

Hi thanks for the tip. Staying at the Adam's Mark Indianapolis Airport...Heard its about 8 miles from Downtown. Hopefully I'm staying at a decent Hotel

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

It is real nice. Will be in that area today and will scope out a few places

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

The adam's Mark is on the east side of I-465. Just across on the westside is the airport terminal. Right there is The Holiday Inn Select which has Bench Warmers. It's a decent place to watch games It's only a half mile but pretty much unwalkable since it's all expressway. Pretty sure Adam's Mark has a shuttle to the airport. If so take it to passenger checkin. From there go to south end of terminal to ground floor. Cross the crosswalk there to The Radisson. Cut thru The Radisson to the front door. Directly across from there is The Holiday Inn. Downtown IS about 8 miles away, but might be worth the trip especially for Monday Night Football. One place I like is COACHES which is at 28 S. Pennsylvania. It's about 2-3 blocks from Conseco Fieldhouse. There is also a nice place directly west of Conseco which is fun. My guess for a round trip cab ride would be $40. If the Pacers happen to be in town it will be crowded. For more info go to www.obrienindy.com to the GUESTBOOK section and submit a question to dave

5. Re: What is close to IND Airport that is fun to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis